Universal Joe Danger (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I don't see it anywhere either, although I may have gotten it already.

2. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    It's tied to the website so it doesn't do anything unless you visit the site. But if you want to delete it...

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website data > find the site you want to delete (more recent sites near the top I think)

3. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Refund received! Nice, thanks Apple!

4. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I own multiple Minecraft clones, I understand that similar games can coexist.

What I am annoyed about is that people said the two were completely different. As I got bored of bike baron, I didn't want a similar game. I was told this wasn't similar but it clearly is, as the post above and my ow experience illustrates.

That's all. Both games are perfectly entitled to coexist and I can see why if you like BB you'd like this. I tired of BB quickly, and tired of this quicker.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Wow that was a fun ride! 100% completed and i'm now waiting for more levels. Keep up the good work hello games! One of my favorite and most addictive game on IOS.

6. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    #166 jameslavis, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Chicken out discovery coin location? Can't find the darn thin

Got it. Right side. Now how to get golden joe

7. lookmanohands

lookmanohands Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Awesome game. Easily the best iOS game so far this year (yeah I know it's only January, but still:)

I just wish there weren't costume requirements for the bonus stages. Specifically, golden joe. That's a bit ridiculous. It's only 1% of the game, but still. Disappointing.

Great game everyone needs to get!

8. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Ok: fun game, very pretty, very polished, yes. However, it's starting to get a bit too QTE / Fruit Ninja and I wish, if they had to take a particular route with it, they had gone for more of a platform game variant than all this tapping bubbles and swiping in response to prompts.

Before anyone jumps all over this, I do like the game and I'm playing it quite a bit (although not as much as Rocket Warrior), I just wanted to express some slightly less than 100% positive feedback.

9. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the fact you mentioned AND linked to another game to do so makes me think you actually had an alterior motive for posting...

10. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

No ulterior motive. The link is to a TA forum thread, but you're free to enjoy whatever conspiracy theory you fancy.

11. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Just wanted to share my love for this cracking little game.

I was a little apprehensive at first with the Bike Baron comparisons as I never got into the forward / reverse jumping and such, but having seen some gameplay vids jumped in.

I have been playing a little over the weekend along with my son and we have been having a blast.

I feel this is better suited to the iPad - albeit playable on a smaller device - given the multiple taps and swipes.

The game flows well adding in more tricks and fun characters as you progress, and earning coins for the required characters doesn't feel like a grind (so far at least).

For me this is a very polished and highly recommended title for casual gamers and perfectionists too.

Interested to see what else the devs have in store for us

12. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    Firstly, I love this game! Congrats on this amazing game Hello Games!

Secondly, I've completely finished the game 100%, but it shows I'm missing 2 Discovery icons. I've looked individually under each stage, but all 50 stages show the icon. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or if I'm missing something here...

I guess I'm stuck at 99% for now. :(

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Sounds similar to an issue I'm having. I've got all medals except the three for the last level, including all the pro medals, but it thinks i've only got 146 medals instead of 147 so the last level won't unlock!

14. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    So I've just finished the game by getting all the medals.

However I still need some PRO medals due to the characters restrictions, anyone found the best way to earn coins?
    It would take me almost 300 runs on the last level to get the golden Joe. Seems a tad excessive...
    Thanks!

15. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Try replaying the bonus levels with the characters you have until you run into one you don't have. Check all bonus levels on every section. That should get you a good amount of coins.

Also, use a guy with a good coin payout like Santa Danger and replay the harder levels over and over, as they have the most coins.

16. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    +1 what Wicked said above.

But, once I ran out of bonus levels, I played the second last stage in the last world (billboard?). It has about 450 coins. I used the cupcake character to double the payout. The trick is to pro medal the stage and tap the challenge button because those are also doubled. If done correctly, each run should earn you about 1800 coins.

17. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Sounds like i just need to save enough for the cupcake and things should get easier after that. Thanks!

18. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    #178 caltab, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    I've almost finished everything in the game except pro medal for the bonus stages. Do you get anything for finding all 50 hidden heads or getting all 59 pros.

19. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    would you guys recommend this game? :)

20. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I didn't buy anything unnecessary until I got golden joe. Only what I needed to advance to the next level. After that, earning money is easy.