Universal Joe Danger (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Worked like a charm! Thanks a ton for the advise.

2. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #142 mr ed209, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Meh. Played the first set of levels, wish refunds were easier to get. It's VERY much like Bike Baron, not sure why people say it isn't. Only difference is Bike Baron is more focussed on not falling off the bike during the tricky courses. Otherwise, almost identical gameplay, get to the end while collecting various different things along the way. kinda boring if you've already had your fill of bike/trials games if you ask me. Everyone saying its not like Bike Baron totally misled me.

Btw I appreciate this game came before Bike Baron technically. I'm not suggesting anyone ripped off anyone else as its dine for multiple games to use basically the same idea (minecraft, Terraria, junk jack, blockheads, anyone?) I'm just saying its not that different really.

3. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Different strokes for different folks. No shame in liking Bike Baron more. I think the controls are what distinguish the games. Subtle distinction, though.

4. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    I don't like it more, I deleted that too after a few games. I get carried away with the buzz and purchase, then get bored a day later.

My own fault - I didn't enjoy Trials either! ;)

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Lol I did that for 8 seconds then got bored

6. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    You have to play more than the first chapter/tour/world/whatever before your anything you say is valid.

I'm the same way, I often get bored with game's way too soon regardless of how much I like them.

But seriously, play past the first 10 levels and you'll see what the game is really like, and how different it is to trials/bike baron.

I don't like those games either btw

7. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Why is so much of this thread bike baron bashing?

both games are great - both games are distinct - and nobody copied each other.

Give it a break...

8. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    I'm not bashing bike baron specifically. I just said I got bored of it. I can see it's a quality game. I just get bored replaying levels to try and get the coins this time, or replaying levels to try and get the letters this time, or replaying levels to try and do it faster this time. I like a bit more depth, and replaying for a different goal isn't depth to me, it's killing time.

What I was saying was, this game isn,t that different, and lots of people said it was completely different. It's not.

9. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    My understanding is it gets harder. Why do I need to play harder levels before I can say that I don't understand why everyone loves it so much? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying it doesn't seem THAT amazing.

I mean seriously, everyone is going NUTS for this game and it's just like several other games out there that didnt get the same fuss made.

10. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #150 k1lljoy_89, Jan 12, 2013
    It is.

11. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #151 k1lljoy_89, Jan 12, 2013
    Every word you say just shows why you need to play those "harder levels". Once it gets harder, and isn't introducing you to individual aspects of the game, you'll see that one, it's NOT like trials/bike baron. Not even close. And two, that it's a hell of a lot more fun than you think

The on-rails, fast paced, reaction-reliant style is nowhere near that of bike baron.

The ONLY thing even remotely similar is the camera angle. The side scrolling bike aspect. NOTHING else

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Look good, I'll give it a go.

13. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Ill never understand why individuals keep coming back to state how much they don't enjoy a particular game. You don't like it, good. Move on and play something else. We heard you the first time.

At the same time, you guys that do like it, don't fuel the fire. Obviously, the guys that don't like it are for the most part defensive, and that sort of an argument just derails a game's thread. Let them be, don't waste your breath/fingers. It's not worth it.

14. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    #154 McCREE, Jan 12, 2013
    This game is great! Picked it up off of FreeAppSlots on a whim and I like it so much I've gifted it twice now. Very well done, with fun gameplay and tremendous polish. Keep up the good work!

EDIT

oh, by the way, can anyone tell me if there is a hidden blue thing on the last level of tour 2? Chicken Out is the name of the level. Ran through it a few times only looking for it...just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. Are there hidden things on. EVERY level? I've found one on all of them I've played except the bonus levels, but I haven't been looking on those. Well, those and Chicken Out.

15. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    oh, by the way, can anyone tell me if there is a hidden blue thing on the last level of tour 2? Chicken Out is the name of the level. Ran through it a few times only looking for it...just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time. Are there hidden things on. EVERY level? I've found one on all of them I've played except the bonus levels, but I haven't been looking on those. Well, those and Chicken Out.[/QUOTE]

Anyone find the Hello games icons on the bonus levels?
    There's this icons on all normal levels as far as I played. Sorry, don't remember where is it in this level you are looking for, sometimes they are not in the background or in the track, but on the right side of the track. Hope it helps.

16. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    There is a hidden Hello Games icon on every normal level, not the bonus levels. I have collected all 50, and have all pro badges.....and have a terrible addiction to this game

17. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI

I love both games, but they have more in common than a camera angle.
    I know some of these are miniscule, but they are common traits.

- both games have you picking up coins
    - both games have you riding a motorcycle
    - both games have front flips and back flips
    - both games have you jumping to certain, tricky heights to reach coins
    - both games feature multiple riders (characters)
    - both games have THREE objectives to achieve for each level
    - both games send you through easy, medium, and hard sets of levels

I am not listing these to argue one over the other.
    The games are different, but they share more similarities than an ass on a seat.

I Love BOTH games.
    I also like to experience as many great games as possible.

If there are 10 more games like Joe Danger and Bike Baron, I'm buying them.

I think people that can't justify owning both have to set one against the other for their own comfort.

Here's to two great games!!!

18. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks!

19. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    This game is so polished and fun. What a treat!

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry for the off topic post, but do you by chance know the profile name for freeappslots? I used it, and am done, was wanting to delete it now.