Universal Joe Danger (by Hello Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Is there any sort of unlimited mode or multiplayer in this?

But still even without, looks to be suspiciously worth it :)

2. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Hands down, this is the best mobile game I have ever played. I find myself literally laughing out loud when I crash (usually because I'm trying to pull off a risky front or back flip :D ). What sets this game apart for me is that there are so many different layers to the gameplay. I can simply complete the course; I can complete the course along with the other two objectives; I can complete the course, objectives and scan the background/foreground for hidden items; I can do all of those thing plus tricks for the high score trophy; or I can just play around with the levels with no particular purpose in mind. I can tell a whole lot of care was put into this game. The controls, graphics, sounds, gameplay mechanics, course layouts, and high score trophies all add up to an incredibly fun, engaging experience. Thank you!

P.S. Ignore the cries for virtual controls. This game doesn't need them. Some people just have a hard time adapting. The only thing I'd change about the controls would be to make them just a bit more responsive (I'm talking milliseconds here). Sometimes my gestures aren't recognized, and Joe will jump instead of do a trick, or Joe will jump when I tap an item in the background. Other than that little nit, this game is gold! Looking forward to updates :)

3. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Sorry if this has already been answered but I am on the last level of the very first set and this is the first level where lane change is required. I cant seem to change the lanes with any gesture. I tried upward, left, right and downward swipes to no avail. I even tried just touching different lane. Am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

4. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Even though Bike Baron isn't a clone, the guy's response was very unprofessional. He was upset and handled the situation poorly. But back to what matters in this thread...

My biggest complaint with Joe Danger are the bonus stages, or specifically how you need a specific costume to play and that costume you need changes every attempt. Grrr. I'm not sure I'll bother Proing those stages.

Otherwise, love this game.

5. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    It should be an upward or downward swipe. Make sure you do it before you reach the end of those lane switchers. It isn't a timing move at all. You just need to do it before you reach the end of the gate. So trying doing the move much earlier even if it almost feels too early.

6. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Hey guys what the hell do you do in bubble Trouble? I tried the level 2 times now and have no idea what to do lol and every time I screw it up I have to unlock a new character to play the level over again

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Amazing game. Everybody should be smashing the buy button.

8. bashesh

Jun 3, 2012
    Thanks but I dont see any lane switchers in monkey trouble. Maybe I am just supposed to jump to avoid the mud poodles but then I cant collect all the coins. If I dont jump then I cant win the race. Guess I am just stuck.

9. bashesh

Jun 3, 2012
    You just touch the floating coin bubbles to collect them. Its just a bonus level no skill required. #

10. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    This is my only gripe as well. I can see changing characters after you Pro the level, but one mistake and your screwed because you can't replay the level till you get enough coins to buy a much more expensive character. Kinda frustrating unless you master a level the first time around.

Still a very good game. Seems more fun here than on the 360 or PS3...

11. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    I'm so dumb lol I kept trying to jump and hit the bubbles, didn't even think to just touch them with my finger

thanks for the info!

12. shlem90

shlem90 New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I love the game so far, just like the PSN, just a question about challenging a friend. Does this pop up after every race? I don't have a friend to challenge and its just a little annoying. Only complain really

13. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    It's not popping up to ask you, it's popping up to show how many whatever's you've gotten. It has the challenge option.

Yeah. It's gonna pop up. Just close it.

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Would instabuy but my queue is just too long =/ Will be putting this on my 'eventually' list.

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You don't have to switch lanes on this level. If you wheelie through the mud (swipe backwards) then you don't get sprayed with mud and slow down.

16. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Wow, good game. This is how an iOS game should be done.:) it seems like a lot of care and attention has been poored into it, and all this without being ridiculously priced.

17. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    A cheap way to get really high scores on the levels that have pipes is to keep bouncing off of the front of the pipe and as soon as you do, keep swiping up or down to create trick combos. Just do this forever until you get bored and you'll get a really high score. A few times the level has just crashed on me from doing this but it seems to work. You could probably do it forever if you had the patience until you broke the scoreboard. :)

18. tetsujin007

tetsujin007 Member

Jul 10, 2012
    cheers, brought! :D

19. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Can someone give me a realistic description of how essential coins are to progressing, and how easy it is to get them without having to buy IAPs after I already bought the game?

For instance, The Blockheads says it's possible to play for free, but only if you have the patience of a saint. Is it the same here? (Aside from the fact it's not free)

20. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Can't you do that in Bike Baron too?

How is is game different to Bike Baron?