Universal Joan Mad Run - bloody pixel-art run'n'gun (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, May 3, 2016.

1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Why not EQUIP/UNEQUIP *and* customizable reordering? :)
    Non-pro gamers won't care about these options, I guess.

2. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I love this game. Great release!

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I think as a quick fix that could work. Maybe add "slots" that each weapon could be put into. There would have to be enough to support all the weapons being usable in any goven run, but at least with the slots, we can equip/unequip as we see fit.

Oh and congrats on GOTW!!!!!! ####

4. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    In one of iterations there was an idea to limit it to 4-5 slots. That, taking into account that a knife/katana and pistol are a must, only gave an option to have 2-3 of other weapons choosen. And it took a bit of effort to convinse the team to forget about such a limit.

As a fan, that's now #3 in the Game Center, I would prefer to keep as much weapons as I want. So EQUIP/UNEQUIP as a quick fix would be helpful. And it's easy to implement.

Reordering is a point to discuss within the team.

This requires good thourough thinking and testing so it won't cause usability issues and confusion.

Other than that I would (probably) love to:
    - choose color of the laser gun ray the same way as with the plasma sword
    - unlockable endgame mode (e.g. run across randomized locations/bosses after the first "storyline" location cycle)
    - merge some of john content into joan (e.g. character, two extra levels)

Those are also a kind of raw ideas for a discussion.

Choosing the color of the laser ray and endgame mode might be easier to implement, yet merging john content into joan and adding a hero customization may require months of work - I already wrote that by an unplanned turn of events, insted or using the same code base John and new Joan are a kind of forks from the original Joan.

Wow =) Thanks!

5. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Hey guys, love your game!

A few things, I'd love to see changed, first is there a way to toggle the ad remover IAP on/off? As it is I like having the option to watch an ad at the end of my runs for 500 gold, but now that I got the IAP that option has disappeared. I know, it is an ad removing IAP, but I guess I kinda miss the ads since they were pretty benign.

Also, for the laser sword can you flip the secondary/ primary fire controls so that tapping will swing the sword and swiping will throw it? It's a really fun weapon but it's much harder to time the swipes than it would be to time taps. Plus swiping to throw it would feel more natural imo.

Just small suggestions, I love the game and it's great in its current form! Thanks for all your hard work, hope it works out for you guys!

6. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Almost to 1 million points # by far my favorite go to game when I need to scatter some body parts! Congrats on gotw!!

7. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    When you purchase it there is an option appears in the game settings that turns on opt-in video buttons, but static popup ads won't show (even if turned on).

A swapping option is a good idea to discuss with the team =)

Thanks!

8. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    I'll beat you a bit later - have to go sleep tonight, so I stay with mine 652k for now :)

9. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hey folks how do I buy the machine gun? A mission requires killing some enemies with it but I don't see it in the shop.

10. GentlemanRaptor

GentlemanRaptor Active Member

Jun 19, 2014
    It's the Assault Rifle - the name is different between the mission and the store.

11. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Yep, there is some unsync in there. First it was named AK-47. Than names were corrected to avoid possible copyright claims.

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Those ideas would be awesome to see realized. I think finding a way to merge John and Joan would be the ultimate feat for this game :) I hadn't really thought about that, but it would be a sweet update down the road. Changing the laser color is cool, and an end game mode would be icing on the cake, and give this game some long-term wings.

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Congrats on Game of the week! The game deserves it!

I'm very happy to read about your plans. Merging John into the game would really bring this game together. It would also allow people to play either sex.

I really hope you guys can implement a better control scheme for the laser sword. That's the only weapon I have difficulty with but in all honesty it's my favorite. If it was one tap to slide and two fast taps to throw I think it would be awesome.

Btw I finally unlocked the demon weapon. That thing is ass kicking even if the initial ammo is low. I love it.

I really just love the entire package of this game. From the gameplay to the weapons and the intensity of it all and the gore. I even love how you implemented the IAP I was very happy the plop down the $6. And with the opt in ads at 500 coins each that's well worth my time and data to watch them.

Just a really well done job. I can't wait for John to be added and see how you guys make things go in the next few months. Thank you for such a fun game and for listening to your fans.

Billy

14. TruthBombs

TruthBombs New Member

Jan 21, 2016
    What's the max multiplier?

15. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    30x!

16. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #76 Intendro, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    I've been seeing a glitch with gift notifications. Often I get the notification but then the gift timer is still nowhere near done.

Maybe the gift timer froze when I suspended the app, instead of still going...?
    Or they aren't consistent with each other. Something is wrong.
    :confused:

No matter what I do to leave the game, this issue keeps happening.

But then suspending the app in any way (double tapping the Home button, or accessing Notifications or Control Center) causes the app to realize "oh wait, the gift timer was supposed to be done."

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I see JMR uses 1,4 GB on my phone and I think it's a bit strange...
    By the way TotM uses up 598 MB. :confused:

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Bumping this. If anyone wants to add me
    On gamecenter and check high scores Jay Gray! Is name

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    We want John! We want John! We want John!

Hehehe

Billy

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    One of The last BEST endless runners ever Made.

Question: how to shoot a grenade with rifle?