Universal Joan Mad Run - bloody pixel-art run'n'gun (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, May 3, 2016.

1. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    We delete such thing all the time.

Yet I do not understand why people do it.

What's the profit of this stays unknown to me.

2. Just downloaded this and it is awesome! Looking forward to spending more time with it. Haven't had a chance yet really to check out the IAPs and stuff, but overall having fun with it.

3. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    :) Decided to play it a few minutes before sleeping - so one hour passed unnoticed.

4. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Agreed, I am always throwing it when I mean to slice with it as well..I don't use that weapon as a result.

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #45 LordShad0wz, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Same. The thing is it's my favorite. If they could just change it to what I suggest I think it would function much better.

I can tell you I LOVE the AK47 fully upgraded with the grenade launcher. That thing owns. I'm about to unlock one of the 6k weapons. I'm so close. I can't wait to try one out.

The coin doubler was definitely worth the money. I've upgraded all of the power ups and upgraded fully all of my purchased weapons. Even the shot gun is useful.

Edit- and holy crap I just got the Imp gun. It's awesome!

Billy

6. sean91499

sean91499 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Hey I have a few questions about the game:

1) Is there a way to backup save data?
    2) Will there be an Android release?
    3) Will you release artwork/wallpapers for this game?

7. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Currently only as a part of and in scope of the entire phone backup via iTunes or iCloud, but we've planned to work on sync of data for all our games via our own servers.

It much depends on the success of the game. We have limited resources and must think about survival, as we are full-time indies - this was actually one of the reasons why the release of the game took so long and why only one platform right now. If there will be a team/investor that would like to cooperate on it, we might come to a deal, otherwise it may take a while.

I hope so :) Until then you can just fetch poster from the upcoming thread. Stretch it in Photoshop using Nearest Neighbor to keep square pixels and print or use as you like it =)

8. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    It has already undergone lots of work, yet, for sure, we'll have look into it with updates.

My favorite is the "vertial laser flare", a second upgrade for laser gun =)

Yep. With coin doubler I usually get like 4000+ coins per run. Given that now I get killed slightly after the Joan clone.

Also investing into power ups is a good deal, so in some cases you are almost always on a power up.

You can see for example how long bloodlust lasts on a video of my run at the top of the 3d page of this thread.

Imp/Demonic guns is the only pair we decided to keep as separate weapons instead of just an alternate shot - because we love the art =)

9. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Thank you and others for the warm feedback, that makes our team happy (the happy part of happymagenta) =)

10. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Well, overall I like the game! Good job dev, very enjoyable.

I do think the buttons are a bit small. I play on a 6s, so I assume it'll be rather tough to play on 5s or SE.

Btw Acidgun is so slow :(

11. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I'm out of space on the ipad so a 39mb game is most welcome!

12. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    @Happybyte have you thought of making an adventure 2d type game with loot/rpg elements upgradeable weapons etc with the graphics of this game? I mean they are beautiful. I keep playing and playing and i can not stop. So much work put in this game.

13. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Yeah - that's the cool part of pixel art games, although there pretty much of art in the game.

14. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    There're such thoughs, of course, and many other thoughts.

Like making an wizard/monk/barbarian RPG base on the Into the Dim game engine.

Who knows what it'll become :)

Yet, our team has to complete a few other projects first.

Then we'll choose new ones - either completely new, or forks, or updates.

15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Nice!!!! I wish best of luck with your newest game (this one) of course whatever else you make!

16. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    This game is amazing in every sense of the word. Love all the various weapons and the different carnage each one inflicts on your pixilated enemies. Hopefully there will be future updates with more weapons, different levels and customizable options.

17. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    @HappyByte:

In one of the early screenshots I remember seeing what seemed to be an option to rearrange the order of the weapons. Hasn't that feature made it to the final version of the game? I would really like to put my most used weapons close to each other, so I could switch with a single swipe.

I'm surprised the plasma sword is so unexpensive! Although I haven't unlocked all weapons I think it'll be hard to beat its ability to deflect bullets! It's my favorite weapon so far.

Also, I purchased the coin doubler to support you guys, because I'm having so much fun with the game! :D

18. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This game is fantastic. Happy that it's just so hard to put down. Also I would love to see something else with the Into The Dim engine. Easily one of my favorite Mobile games ever. I want also delighted to find out ..Dim is popular among some of the hardcore gamers at the university here in Reno.

I've always been a big fan of Happymagenta games. But you guys have really stepped it up in the last year. It shows.

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed on the points, and also did the coin doubler to support this. Also, if there would be a way to track a 5,6,7,8 etc kill instead of just an insane kill after 4 (quadra kill), that would be pretty cool. The demonic gun is frickin sweet and I know I've gotten a 7 or 8 kill with it. It would be cool to see how many I'm actually killing at once. But what an awesome game! Waited a long time for this, and glad you guys stuck woth this project!!

20. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks =) And we hope for more weapons too =)

It has undergone a lot of try and error and ended up in the current scheme. But out eyes were blinded with a soap as we were so long on it. Now I see that EQUIP/UNEQUIP button might be one of the best solutions.

Its indispensable at the early stage as it allows you to save ammo, but at later and harder time you'll need more mass destruction weapons :-0

Thank you mate :)

Wow =) Thank you!

Will EQUIP/UNEQUIP button do the thing? Or it should be a fully customizable reordering? The first is what we could do fast, the second is what we thought about, but skipped, because it was unclear how to use such a customization for non-pro gamers.