iPad Jetset - Strip searchin' fun for the whole family!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by thinkdontpray, Jan 21, 2009.

1. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
  2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i was interested in this one too.

3. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I like the playing at airports idea. But I don't fly that often, so it's not something up my street.

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    You can play it anywhere....

Post 700!

5. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Congrats!

the price is far too high, and does not justify the pop-up style graphics or animation. I'd love to try this though, so i'll just have to sit tight waiting for the price to come down to something reasonable.

6. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Man... I'm also interested in this one. I travel quite a bit so there is that feature for me, but for some reason I can't make my muscles pull the trigger. I was hoping for some sort of video on this one so I can see if it's just some "Diner Dash" type game or what...

And that price tag keeps it out of the TOFTT normal realm of calling for someone to do it... I know I'll probably TOFTT this one at some point, but... maybe tomorrow.

7. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
  8. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Okay... I finally pulled the trigger and picked it up. I end up traveling a lot and I liked the idea of being able to GPS you in the various airports around the world. I was only wondering if the game was any good or not.

Turns out, I really like the game.

You are the last line of defense at the airport and have to check the people going through to make sure they aren't taking on any prohibited stuff. You get to see what they're carrying and what they're wearing and if they have a bad item you have to remove it before letting them go through the gate.

The fun part is that you have to keep an eye out for the ever changing prohibited items, and the items that were bad that are now okay to bring on. It gets pretty frantic as you are trying to get people through the line before it gets too long and the items that are good and bad keep changing. I found myself getting more worked up in this game than I do with some of the supposed "frantic" games.

And it has a sense of humor. There are actually times where you might have shoes, shirt and pants all on the prohibited list. This means you send passengers through in their underwear. And then there are a lot of really run PA announcements made through the game that add to the fun time -- and make you mess up because you're listening to them instead of lookng at the current list of prohibited items.

I take my first trip next week and am looking forward to seeing what "gifts" I will get along the way.

It's a little cooler than a "Diner Dash" clone, which is what I was thinking it was. And while not a "Great Game". It's certainly going to make waiting in security lines a whole lot better.

Bob

9. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I feel kind of dirty talking about a strip-searching game...but it sounds great!:p

10. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    #11 J.R. Jalapeno, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
    Jet Set

is it more of a Td or diner dash game?

11. James90241

James90241 Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I work at a Hotel in Newport Beach, CA
    Downey, CA
    The online version seems pretty fun, but is it hard to press the shoes on the iphone? it seems like it would be small to hit. :confused:

12. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I agree, online version seems fun; I won't be buying it though, as the items change too frequently.

If they only changed when you hit proceed on someone, that would be fine, but the items change one after another and when an item is allowed again after you have already removed it from a person or luggage, you cannot give them the item back; unless I missed something.

Too stressful to see myself enjoying it.