Jetpack Joyride (Machine Gun Jet Pack) [Halfbrick] - Dev Diary 3 "JJ and You"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Really can't wait for this, looks awesome!

That said, I'm looking forward to playing Fruit Ninja Kinect next week also.

2. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Pretty much this! This game is pretty massive, and it's taking a little bit longer in the QA room than we expected. Our ultra QA experts can pretty much 100% 'complete' Fruit Ninja and Monster Dash in 2 hours or so (all achievements, unlocks, test every case), where as Machine Gun Jetpack takes much, MUCH longer ;)

3. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey everyone! Halfbrick Phil has set up the Machine Gun Jetpack page on Facebook now, check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/machinegunjetpack

Also, if anyone has any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer them :)

4. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    When do you plan to submit Machinegun Jetpack to the App Store? Totally excited about your new game :)

5. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    We should be submitting very soon... within a few days with a bit of luck! After that it will be time to amp up our marketing for the release date. We have some pretty sweet stuff we are yet to show you guys, which will hopefully get you all as excited as we are! :D

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Epic, I hope that means it's will be able to come out the following Wednesday :p

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Woohoo! I'm definitely as excited as you are, if not more!!! :D

8. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Will there be an intro sale? (I'm assuming that the game is going to cost more than a buck. Maybe $3? I don't know.)

My guess is a no, but I thought I'd ask :)

9. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    It's 99c, was said the other day....

10. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Sweet, got my eyes on this one definitely.

11. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Doubt it!!! This game will not see the light of day before September.

12. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yup, as you guys have said, the price will be 99 cents (so no need for an intro sale!), and the game will be out in early September!

We should be releasing another dev diary pretty soon as well which will give you all even more insight into how we made the game, and also some more of the cool stuff you can expect to be in the game :D

Also we still have our official trailer to come before release, which we are really excited about as well. :eek:

13. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Will monster dash get a update in the future, hate it a lot of updates promised delivered some in the beginning i was convinced, boight it and than no update for a century.
    Ps. Please answer

14. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Monster Dash has been on the back burner for a little while now as we have been hard at work making Machine Gun Jetpack. We are pretty proud of the updates we did for Monster Dash though! For those who may have forgotten we:

• Added universal support
    • Added Game Center achievements and leaderboards
    • Added the snow level, Yeti Heights
    • Added the Bad Ass Hog!
    • Added a new weapon, the Rocket Launcher
    • Implemented fast app switching
    • Tweaked around heart placement and difficulty based off Touch Arcade feedback!

We have some other minor things in mind for Monster Dash sometime in the future, but right now my efforts are 100% focussed on finishing up Machine Gun Jetpack!

15. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Ok i totally understand now i just like that a game juat keep getting updates like fruit ninja but again i understand and agree with you.
    Thanks alot for anwering, you unlike others care about your fans!!!
    Ps im totally gonna buy machinegun jetpack and recommend it to all my friends!!

16. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Wow, I totally missed that. Sorry for the question, and thanks for the reply!

:eek:

17. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Muscat,

How'd ye do? I would like to start off by saying, I have been a full supporter of Halfbrick Studios since I first bought Blast Off from the PSN Store for my PSP (which I love a bit more on iOS). I have thoroughly enjoyed every game since. I am quite excited for MGJP to finally come out, such an amazing looking game. I would also like to say, I saw a preview of Fruit Ninja coming out for XBOX Kinect, and it looks pretty damn cool. I would really like to wish you all well with that big step. I am very glad to see you all are porting games to the one of the 3 titans. Are you all thinking of moving towards the direction of consoles instead of the app store?

18. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    @Muskat Will you guys be updating Blast Off anytime soon? It's due a Game Center update and a few more levels.....

19. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    oh man, this is a nobrainer!!! The videos you put there really got me hooked!
    I think this will climb the top 10 in few hours :D

WHEN??