Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Played the game for a total of about 40 minutes and I love it. Halfbrick got it right again. All the jetpacks, etc would take a while to unlock, but the required amount of coins is not ridiculous. I certainly don't feel the need to use IAPs. Look forward to running my battery empty tonight.

2. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    #122 Ashflow, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    This game still hasn't shown up for me on the app store yet, which is dumb because Frogger Decades is already finishing installing...

Edit: Downloading now :)
    It didn't show up for a solid 40 minutes however, maybe longer...

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What model/car? Oh, you finally fixed your label. B and A show up now xP.

Been playing for 20 minutes, and it's fun as hell. It's been a long time since Monster Dash, damn. Haven't tried Pocket RPG or DrawRace 2 yet, heheh.

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    No! :p I didnt really care that you guys got excited because you guys are awesome.

5. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    @Muscat - You still have the game listed as 'Machine Gun Jetpack' in your sig :)

6. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Of course not! :rolleyes: TA is my primary source of iOS gaming and I closely follow what games TA is excited about! It's just worth commenting on the hype, cause I think this game got more than double (maybe even triple) the exposure and publicity of the next hyped game. Makes you think this is the one game to rule them all. ;) But seriously, like most people here, I've been anxiously waiting for this game since the first day it was announced. Anyway can't wait to play it later!

7. carebear

carebear Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Game Impressions

Halfbrick can't go wrong! I love this! It's just like the Helicopter flash game!!

8. jag64

jag64 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    just wow! it's my september drug! lol ! can't stop playing it! graphics are ok! BUT gameplay and all the insane powerups are gr8! IT IS MY GAME OF THE WEEK!

9. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    How do you use the teleporter effectively?

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I don't think you really do!

11. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    by looking ahead to see what lies

My question is how do you use lil stomper effectively?

12. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Get the magnet upgrade, for one thing, so you're not tempted to chase coins in it. Otherwise, just activate it whenever a barrier approaches; it's by far the easiest vehicle to make good distance in, because it's so easy to avoid obstacles with it.

13. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Magnet upgrade again, then take note of the fact that the stomper can glide, not just jump. The rest is up to you.

14. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Simply WOW, this game is awesome! Still trying to complete all the missions. It's going to take FOREVER to get all the Upgrades/unlockables. Not that I mind one bit:D

Yeah, like Hodapp said, you don't:D
    Although you can teleport through lasers
    I don't like the stomper too much. I guess just jump over the low lying obstacles and smash the scientists

15. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Whew, spent a good half hour earning enough coins for the laser jetpack. It does take quite a bit to earn enough coins to buy stuff, and most of it is reliant on leveling up or being lucky in the slots.

Of course, that just gives me more incentive to play this incredible game.

16. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    What is the "Counterfeit Machine" IAP?

17. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    You do if you're any good: you should be able to make a very quick 1-2k jaunt in one session in the teleporter alone.

My only real complaints about the game at this point are the small number of unlockable items, and the limited number of missions. I had assumed that the missions were randomly generated, but they're not; there is only a relatively small handful of them, and once you've beaten them all, you get a medal and they cycle around again.

First order of business for future updates would be more costumes, more jetpacks, and definitely more missions, preferably with a random mission generator that creates goals with difficulty based on your current rank.

18. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Gives you double coins forever.

19. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Tap on the IAP and it'll tell you what it does. In this case, the CM gives you an extra coin for every one you pick up, effectively doubling your collection rate.

20. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Only 3/4 from Slide to Play. :confused::rolleyes: