Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Even if you login with Facebook?

2. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

The new update is good, but there's a problem. A BIG problem!

$12.99 just to keep the Back to the Future event. How much of a rip-off is that? Seriously to have a little event permanently.

Halfbrick, go screw yourself!

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I'm planning on spending the $10 to keep the BTF stuff after it expires. It's there for another 33 days, they give you ample time to enjoy it and even unlock another costume, and it's a total blast. Keep in mind, this is a very recognized and beloved franchise, and shit like that costs money. Do you think it was free for them to borrow assets from the license? No.....and do you expect them just to pony up and not have a way to garner any return? Let's be serious....your hate is unjustified.

To answer the other Q about the save file, after I turned my icloud back on, and then tried tobretrieve my profile, it sync'd with FB and I got everything back.

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oh sweet lost about a billion hours of progress with this update. Right on

5. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Still. $3-$5, ok. $13?! For this?? Cmon now. I'm all for paying premium on iOS but this is a bit silly.

6. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

$13 for a simple little add-on is a rip-off. As mentioned above... $3-$5 yes, not $13.

Also, HalfBrick makes tonnes of money on advertising revenue, so don't think that they're running on fumes.

7. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    The price for the Back To The Future perminant addition is now $5.99.

8. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    It was $10, so not sure if it went up to $13. But now it's $6, so maybe that'll work ;)

9. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Looks like they've made a good business decision.

10. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

I take that back. Here in Australia, it's still $10.

11. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    The Back To The Future additons are even cheaper now, after going from $10—5.99 to 3.99.

The cost is now $3.99.

I actually like the new additions, especially the fact that you don't die instantly if you hit a laser or rocket, but instead lose time. It makes for a longer run =).

12. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Does buying the Back to the Future stuff unlock forever the BTTF game mode with the +/- seconds? I was thinking it only unlocked the BTTF vehicles and background art, for use in the classic game mode--and that the BTTF actual gameplay mode was going to be gone for good. If we're paying to keep the whole mode, I'm in! It's a nice change for variety.

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    As I understand, it does NOT unlock the game mode. I think variations on that game mode are becoming their crossover mode, since it feels similar to what the Fruit Ninja mode was like a couple months back.

14. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

You are correct. I think that you should at least be given the opportunity to have that mini game available if you're paying for it. Same goes for the Fruit Ninja and Bling mini games that they previously had!

15. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Zappy Bird

Anyone playing the Flappy Bird clone game? Brilliant. Hard but great fun. 36 best so far.

16. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Sounds awesome! Never played Flappy Bird, but was hooked on Flapthulhu!

I'd check it out but I always wait a few days before accepting any update on games where I've made massive progress/unlocks.

17. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Redownloaded yesterday, game is straight crashing on startup. iPhone 6s+ 9.0.2 jb'n. If you've now barred jailbreakers, oh well, would never lose my jb for a game, ever. Thanks, please clarify bc I've played this plenty on jb'n devices.

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Profit Bird special game finishes in 3 hours. Better than The Back To The Future special game. Don't think I'll beat my 36 before it ends.

19. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

It was a decent change. 40 was my record. I loved the song that comes on when you first start it up... caught me by total surprise lol.
    It's a common bug for JJ to crash on startup. If it crashes once, it always steadies after then, so be sure to restart the app if it crashes.
    I've done it, now it'm on the "Back to the Future" event. I think tomorrow we get the Bling once again then fruit ninja. The rotational event thing is pretty cool.

20. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Ok I'm impressed. 40 is really good. Looking forward to when it comes around again. I see in my profile I've clocked up nearly 8 days of game play which is over 3500 games. Clearly I like this game. Crosby Road is a close second. No Bling yet.