Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Brettedwards

Brettedwards Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2015
    I can not believe this game has stayed on the front page of these forums for this long. I love this game as well and it does not seem to be getting old.

2. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    *Chants in a Spartan King's voice* — "This is JETPACK JOYRIDE, may it live forever!"

3. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Actually SAM's still a daily thing - he just doesn't show up for the first 10 games if you've never played Jetpack before, so people can get into playing the game first before a giant one-armed smashing machine comes in :)

We'll be looking back on SAM's counter though soon, might try a few things. The original timer was a bit of an industry "standard" before, but now just having a daily thing you HAVE to come back to every day might not be the best way :)

4. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    I'm getting HYPED! Excited to see what is in store for this classic of a game!

When can we expect more news?

5. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Wellington, New Zealand
    A little update on what'll be coming to the app very soon!

At the moment the Android version has been updated with the first of a brand new event type system! The "Incoming" button flips over to an event when it's on - the first being "Bling It On!"

[​IMG]

This event is quite basic, but quite fun too! In it, Diamonds now little the course alongside coins, and are worth more. Giant Diamonds also appear, and give you a ton of coins! In this event we also give Barry a golden suit and hat, as well as turn on all the golden vehicle skins, even if you don't own them! You can see the game play here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbEYMiMfG-E

The event at the moment has been running on the weekend. It's currently on Android so we can test to make sure it all works, but also because this is but a small sliver of what we'll be doing with events! The big event will be showing up in a few weeks time, and will bring everything across both platforms!

One of the other things we've done is upgrade some of the graphics - namely, the Zappers! They've been given a big overhaul visually, and you can see a video of their differences here:

https://instagram.com/p/5DeLU0Dzqj/

Consider Bling It On to be a first pass on events, it helped us get together everything we needed to make the event work, and it allows us to switch around all kinds of stuff. It's gonna get rad in a few weeks time!

6. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Always fun to see new little complexities added to this game! Thanks.

7. evilhomer

evilhomer Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Daily SAM Challenges

Anyone else having an issue with the daily SAM challenges? I complete the challenge and get the reward but the home screen still shows day 1 of 5. I've uninstalled and re-installed the game hoping to fix the problem but it's still occurring.

8. aries_lee

aries_lee Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Got nothing from the Final Spin after 5 tries. I may need some luck... But it was fun though.:p

9. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hey guys, on holidays in Europe at the moment, but wanted to pop in and tell you all to go check out Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride!

We've just released a massive update for both games to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Fruit Ninja. FN has a brand new challenge mode versus characters in the game, a brand new selection of crazy mini game modes, and a ton more! Biggest update in ages.

Jetpack Joyride's the one i've worked on, and it's pretty massive too -- we added a whole new mode to celebrate! Cut & Run plays like Jetpack, but with a Fruit Ninja twist! 60 seconds to slice as much fruit as possible, with new leaderboards and everything! Just tap the top left corner of the screen and switch to the event!

It's got brand new music and art in there too, it was a ton of fun to make, and we've got plwbty more coming too :)

10. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Sounds fun! Thanks.

11. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Hi Rlan,

Can I just ask, when are the Sam challenges going to reward us with clothing again instead of just 7,500 coins on day 5?

12. webproyectos

webproyectos Member

Aug 12, 2015
    i like this game, but have never passed the first stage...

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It it just me, or is the game now blurry after the update? :confused:

(iPhone 6+ ...it may have been two updates ago, I haven't played in a while.)

14. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
  15. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Anyone running the latest (early August) update in iOS 7? My iPad Air will not launch the game; flash of a splash screen and exit.

Also, I see reviews mentioning loss of all progress with this version; is there a way to get the progress back if that happens to you? (That problem doesn't seem to be the norm, but there a bunch of reports of it. I've unlocked everything so I get nervous...)

16. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Update to iOS 9, dude. You're a few iOS updates behind lol. Get with the times.

17. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Haha. There can be good reasons to stay one version behind though :) like some games that won't run anymore that I'm not yet done with; and testing of my own games I'm building (if some customer on iOS 7 is going to have an issue, I'll want to see it for myself); and most importantly: iOS 8 for most of the past year had a brutal bug that bricked some devices! Including mine. I had to abandon most of the games on my iPhone 6 Plus (until recently) as a result, and I heard mixed reports that my iPad Air would suffer from the same iOS 8 bug. I did NOT want to lose ALL my games on that—it's my main game machine. And the only way around that bug was to not only wipe out all your files and game progress, but to also not even install too many games period.

(That bricking bug was just fixed in one of the last iOS 8 updates, and so I went to iOS 8 before iOS 9 came out. I was zero versions behind for a short while! But I will remain one version behind, using 8 for testing. My next iPad--pro?--will have iOS9.)

And after all, Jetpack Joyride did list itself as supporting iOS 7.

But it works again now—whether due to iOS 8 or due to the latest Joyride update. It's back!

18. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #2458 hvianna, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Wow! The new update is sick!! #

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea. I'm really liking this update

20. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm going to have to redownload. Last time I reinstalled, all my years of progress was gone. I hope it reappears.