Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Is it just me or is the price of the SAM costume currently saying "..." instead of the usual $1.99?

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This game is "supposed" to remove ads with any purchase. I bought the coin doubler ages ago but I still have ads. :(

3. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    #2423 iPhones iOS, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    You know, I bought The Sleigh Of Awesome a while ago with an iTunes Gift Card and still haven't gotten it, even though it used the money on the gift card! What's up with that? Does anybody know?

4. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

This game is crashing far too frequently, almost after every new game. It's so frustrating, it's at the point now where I can't even play long enough to reach SAM - urgent bug fix is needed here ASAP!

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm not getting any ads, but I bought both the game and the coin doubler a long time ago...

6. j.crawford

j.crawford Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Been playing for a few weeks and I'm still hooked! Brilliant! :)

7. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I've noticed some achievements not showing up on my Game Center any help here? I never got the "nice job woody" one.

8. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    That was before the latest update, but apparently the latest update removes GameCenter entirely. Maybe they had already stopped tracking GC achievements prior to that? (I assume achievements still show up fine in your in-game profile.)

I'm more or less OK with that—I want the functionality more than I care which service provides it—although having to sign up for yet another different game service (Halfbrick's own) is annoying. I'd rather have GameCenter plus ONE other (for cross-platform reasons).

9. decafjava

decafjava New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    So I updated both Jetpack joyride and Fruit Ninja and all my progress has vanished??

10. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Sounds like bad news, sorry to hear. I updated both games and my progress wasn't erased.

11. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Is it worth updating the game? I mean do the rewards of day 5 get updated or are they suck at 7500 lousy coins?

12. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    After completing the required number of days for the S.A.M. challenge, I have always gotten a costume.

Wondering if the 7,500 coins is because you have all of the costumes that are given from the S.A.M. challenge. I'm curious of this, because I'm getting pretty close to having all the costumes myself.

13. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Yeah - you see an Update has been released but I don't want to get it because I'm afraid that it may wipe out my to buy the Sleigh of Awesome vehicle. I eventually want to purchase it but just not now.

14. Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Actually, you could lose the option to buy that vehicle whether you update or not. It's something they control on their end, where they can push content or take content away that pertains to the IAPs (in-app purchases).

For example: all the clothing and jetpacks that go on sale (coin discount) from time to time is because they control it from their end, not by releasing updates to the App Store.

15. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hey guys, I'm the designer on Jetpack Joyride at Halfbrick, in our dedicated "Rocketeers" team :)

decafjava - If you could send me (or our helpful support guys - tap the "sign in button" and send a support e-mail in game), we'll help out!

Fio - you should be getting 7,500 coins at the end of a SAM run because you may have collected all the costume pieces. There were 32 pieces in total, so you're pretty dedicated if you have :)

Adams Immersive - The game does still support Game Center! We haven't given up on our GC friends. With 1.8, we've added the ability to see Facebook Friends scores as well as Game Center. This allows us to have a iOS specific board, as well as across platforms, plus Cloud saving across platforms (Honestly, our most requested feature)

As for the Sleigh of Awesome, right now it's available at all times (we really should update that limited time string, on the backlog!). The original intent was to have it be only available during Christmas, but now that it has the Chariot of Harmony skin, we've made it always available!

I want to say thanks to all the people who still play this game every day, you guys are awesome. We haven't done much with Jetpack, game wise for a while, but expect some really awesome stuff to pop up in the next few months. I'm super excited for it, so stay tuned!

On the other foot, we just released a brand new game - Radical Rappelling! If you're a fan of Jetpack Joyride, I think you'll really enjoy it. I've put 29 hours into the game myself through pure addiction. It's a completely internally made game (not published), and really goes back to our roots!

Download it here!

Check out the thread here!

16. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Thanks for the update info!! I'll check out the RR game.

17. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Thanks for the clarification, Rian! (Not to mention... the game!)

18. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    [​IMG]

What? What could this possibly be? ;)

We've got a ton of awesome stuff coming to Jetpack that I hope will get you all playing again. Get hyped!

19. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh, now Sam resets based on games rather than countdown? Neat, I can grind the hell out of it :p

The INCOMING! button is... promising, I say ^^

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    That's awesome! Checking it out...