Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jojost1

jojost1 New Member

Dec 24, 2013
    Sleigh of Awesome, Worth it?

Is the Sleigh of Awesome really worth it? What do you guys think of it, if you've got it or you don't? ;)
    Still not sure if I'll buy it or not, five bucks is not really that cheap..

2. I want to try it, but not for that amount of money. Looks cool though, maybe we can get it for xmas, that would be cool.

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I bought it because I love this game so much, and I like having everything possible. It's really not that different from other stuff, other than that you have to pay attention to the reindeer and the sleigh (hitting any part blows it up). I mean, you're not really missing anything if you don't buy it. But, if you're like me and have over 48 hours of gameplay in this simple and awesome game, supporting future updates was worth $5.

I do like how it snows when you use it. I hope they make it not Chistmas-y with the next update. Maybe the Carriage of Awesome, or something like that.

4. jojost1

jojost1 New Member

Dec 24, 2013
    Damn you're completely right in every aspect. I love having everything, and I just checked: I'm actually 4D 16H (112H) into the game.. Wow that's a lot.
    I was wondering if the Sleigh is dull, but I can now assume it isn't ;) let's buy this thing.
    Thanks

5. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I can verify that although the Angelic Threads I earned never showed up in the Stash, I eventually earned them again and this time they did show up.

(However, I just had SAM skip Day 5 and go right back to Day 1, so that's twice I have gone through 5 days and earned nothing. I'll probably leave SAM alone until an update, since the SAM prize has failed on Day 5 two out of five times. There MAY be a pattern where if you see a SAM token on your first run of day 5, it screws things up. I say, don't pick it up! Die and come back for SAM on another run. But I'm not fully sure this is the pattern. In any case, if you count the 2 times when Day 5 has incorrectly given me both a Day 1 AND a Day 5 prize in the same day, it has been glitchy 4 out of 5 times.)

6. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Anyone else having problems with the latest update? In my iPad Mini, Barry and the jetpack are twice as big as they should be - like they're not rendering properly...

7. stooney

stooney Well-Known Member

Same here, iPad Air.
    I am sure, Halfbrick will fix it asap though.

8. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hey guys, designer for new stuff in Jetpack Joyride here!

Yup! Found a bug that got past us, happens on iPad Airs and iPad Mini Retinas. Fixing it ASAP!

But I'd love to chat about our brand new update for Jetpack!

[​IMG]

It’s been a long time coming, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but Jetpack Joyride has gotten it’s latest, massive update!

We’ve seen Costumes, we’ve seen Jetpacks, but now we’ve got Vehicle Skins! Three new Vehicle skins are available - Colossatron, The Barry Box, and Bubbles the Rubber Ducky for the Dragon, Teleporter and Jetski.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're planning to have new updates every month for the rest of the year - every vehicle will get it's own skin sets. Those Golden ones they used to have? They'll be the lamest thing once we're done with them :)

On top of that we’ve worked together with Machinima and Studio Joho to make this awesome Rock Opera. Seeing Barry finally pop up in animation like this is awesome. You can also get a stitched up sleeve costume in the game for free!

9. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    So will the new skins get golden versions too? :p

Very catchy sleeveless MV :D

10. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    For me it's the next best thing to profit bird.

11. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    You're sure this is a bug of some kind? Cuz it seems that Barry's double sized head fits well into the vehicles. Well, his hair might have gotten out a little bit but it seems designed like this.

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #2392 chief78, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Is there no way to sync all data from one device to another? I have iCloud on both my iPad and iPhone, but it can only be enabled on my iPad. If I try to on my phone it's says iCloud disabled....which it's not.
    So I restored purchases, which gave me my coin doubler back, but I have no $ and none of the gear and jet packs (or power ups) I was using on my iPad game....?

EDIT: strangely, it kept my longest distance run and also my in-game acheivements, but reset me to rank 1 also....

13. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Fiddled around on my phone and answered my own Q. Yes, this will iCloud sync, so I got my game back. Now that there's more to do, I just rekindled my affair of time with this game Lol

14. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    They already said it was a bug a couple of posts back. ;)

15. Birth1118

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Thanks~ just saw another update. The bug is still there though.

16. Thrak

Thrak Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I also still have the big head bug after the newest patch from last night.

Also, does anyone see anywhere in game to watch that Machinima video and get the stitched up sleeve costume? I can't seem to find it in any menus

17. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    [​IMG]

Kind of a nice milestone :p

18. CooperHMan350

CooperHMan350 New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Jetpack Joyride Distance Uploading Problem

I got a new high score in jetpack joyride that I wanted to show off, but I can't because it hasn't automatically uploaded to Game Center. Is there anyway to upload my Jetpack Joyride distance on to the leaderboards? (My distance was 7,762)

19. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hey guys!

The new update just hit yesterday!

Three new vehicle skins! You can now ride a Zombie T-Rex, a Hover Hog, or a Mecha Micro from Fish out of Water!

And more to come!

20. This game was awesome. And bravo for all those updates. But it's core gameplay it's just luck. Too random while playing. It's not based on skill player. Hope to see a brand new game with Barry one day.