Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Didn't work :( how is assistive touch related to GC though?

I have an idea. I'll try installing JJ on another iDevice, log in my GC acc there too and see if it can run. If it can perhaps a backup of that installation'll work on mine.

The new SAM is pretty cool btw. But the fact that you are only allowed to use it around twice a day is not.

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Screenshot of the Sleigh of Awesome.

[​IMG]

3. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh hey cool it comes with snow!

Maaaaybe I'll buy it after all...

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

Does it do anything special?

How do you control it?

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    It drops christmas presents (boxes) as it moves.

Hold to elevate, release to descent.

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Would you recommend it?

7. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Ohhhhh unless I remember wrong, the rebuilding time for SAM reduces each time you unlock a SAM's daily challenge reward. That's neat!

8. Woah, that santa sled looks really cool, I want it, though it probably is pretty expensive...

9. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I collected a SAM piece while in one of the other vehicles. Has anyone done this when getting the third SAM piece, and do you return to your vehicle when the SAM is destroyed?

10. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    No IIRC.

11. Alright, the cloud saves worked great in this game. Was afraid I was going to lose progress but it all came back.

12. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    SAM is fun! From the IAP list in iTunes I expected it to be a paid option like the sleigh, but SAM is free! Thanks! (I see that you can pay to get the goodies SAM would earn you--but it's easy to just pick up the SAM tokens.) I also thought from the app description of "tokens" that SAM would appear every time you get 3 Spin Tokens. Thankfully not true: SAM Tokens are different (and they don't reduce the frequency of Spin Tokens either: I've seen a Spin Token and SAM Token together on the screen).

The arm control is a neat idea--so many different one-touch control schemes in this game! I like it.

Question:

I got SAM 5 times and was granted the "Angelic Threads" gift, but it doesn't appear in my clothing list even after a relaunch. Is that normal?

Maybe you don't really get the reward until you also earn the matching head?

13. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    My SAM day one completion gave me a wizards robe, which I can equip by scrolling to the bottom of the clothing section in the stash

14. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I see--must be a bug. My gift doesn't show up in clothing.

Another weird SAM bug: it let me skip a day! After the first gift (which vanished), the next day I picked up the "S" and then died, and it gave me the Day 1 prize right then. Then I played again, got the "A" and "M" and received the Day 2 prize.

(I wonder if the extra Day 1 prize was somehow a side effect of the missing Day 5 prize.)

Anyway, we'll see what happens in 5 more days!

15. I gotta figure out what all this sam stuff is, gonna play a bit today to find out.

16. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    SAM is pretty interesting. I got an ingame screenie of it, if anyone is curious.

Attached Files:

17. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    SAM is pretty interesting.

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    JJ is becoming a bit like the mafia for me...

"Every time I think I'm out... they pull me back in."

I have played the CRAP out of this game, more than any well-adjusted, responsible adult should admit, and just when I think it's finally ready to be retired, HB announces the equivalent of a whole new version of the game within the game... :eek::D

Not sure whether to love or loathe HB... nah, I think I love them. ;):D

DBC

19. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    My Tron helmet is at the end of the clothing list, but I presume you have already scrolled down to the bottom?

Today I got the Viking getup, aaand it's sort of underwhelming.

20. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Just noticed the discarded ribbon drifting away after a Token Gift. Probably isn't new, but I love those kinds of attention to detail found throughout JJ!

Also, since I have my first retina iPad now, I like that the pixels are sharp. The pixels where always non-retina in size (intentionally retro) so it seemed like they ought to be pixel-perfect sharp on my iPad 2. They weren't, but now they are on the Air! Looks great. Blurry pixel art is a pet peeve. Now I'll have to go try other blurry pixel-games and see if retina spruces them up.

Yes, I've scrolled. I have tons of stuff (everything ever offered, I think) so scrolling is needed :)

Sounds like the SAM rewards are random, and I'll probably get the one that vanished again sooner or later. The Tron gear sounds fun!