Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Same problem here, iPad3 iOS 5.1 :/

I sent an e-mail to Halfbrick's customer support, let's hope they can fix this.

2. Dunkelangst

Dunkelangst New Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Here are my best results. My best one is in Screenshot IMG_0210.PNG. I am sure, today some other people in this forum has got similar results. :D

Just play, it is possible. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Now I want to change my system language to German. :D

And I cracked 5,000 just two days ago (now at 6,197), on a fluke (and a fortunate heart from the slot machine). I think, once you pass 3,000, it is more about luck than skill, since there is not enough time to react to the zappers entering the screen.

4. Dunkelangst

Dunkelangst New Member

Aug 7, 2013
    #2344 Dunkelangst, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    Of course you need luck! But I think you need also the right gatgets. You see on the screenshots which one I use. I use them because it is much easier to move up and down very very quick. Normally I also you every start a rocket which you can buy - otherwise I'll get killed before 1700 m because it is too boring. Then it is quick enough to get started...

Usally I got every time a result today between 3900 and 5500m... :D

Oh dear and I love the new Jet Ski! My record of this vehicle were 1 545 m; I made this Jet Ski High Score when I got the 8000 m High Score. But then I had also a Bike, the dragon and the aircraft and after this again a bike. When you drive like this, 8000 is not so far away...

5. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    #2345 squashy, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    C'mon Halfbrick another update and the game still crashes on iOS5.0.1 as soon as GC is connected =___=

What the, the Updates tab still shows JJ even though I've just installed the update, even the reviews are from the last version :confused:

6. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Mine crashes when the game finishes loading and I get a GC achievement message :/

7. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    An achievement for ...what? Crash? lol

Can you still play the game though? I can't play unless I log out GC or turn off wifi, pretty annoying :(

8. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    :D it's the "Marathon" achievement.

The problem is that it doesn't finish granting the achievement, so every time I try to start the game, the achievement appears and crash! So yeah, I can only play it with wifi off too.

9. Does this have icloud saves? I want to delete it for disk space, but want to come back and play it later cause it is a fun game.

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, I had just given this game a few lax plays, nothing serious, then about an hour and a half ago I decided to play. Once I started leveling up and earning coins, I realized there's many layers to this game. This one is great, I should have known coming from Halfbrick to expect more than just a simple game. ;)

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Anyone bought the Sleigh of Awesome? I bought it and tried downloading it but everytime it says "purchased failed".

12. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    A new update! Oh please please stop crashing with iOS5 Gamecenter this time T__T

*updating ...*

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Guess what, still crash ... *sigh*

Also wonder if the sledge worths the price.

14. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    They need to remake this game in full HD. It still stands the test of time, they have pumped so much fresh content into this game it is sick. The shift to an IAP revenue model was very painless, and never really needed or in your face. Hardcore players of this game have no need for IAP.... ;)

15. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    The latest update killed the framerate on my iPod Touch 4G. After losing my entire progress three times, I think it's time to delete what was once my favourite game on any OS. Bye Jetpack Joyride. Thanks for the (early) good times. :(

16. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I'm not super happy with Halfbrick lately either. The most recent update for Fruit Ninja altered the slash mechanic slightly making it very tough to hit a combo that isn't a straight line swipe through three fruit. Previously, if you were smooth with the swipe you could "bend" it a fair bit and make some really nice combo's to keep the chain alive. Now, it's pretty much straight lines only...my average score in arcade mode dropped from about 1000 to something like 600 or less and the game is less fun overall. Feels like a fairly obvious change to make the game harder and maybe generate some more iap sales for starfruit.

17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I finally got it and I would say it doesn't really add anything gameplay wise, but I bought it simply to support the devs. They've been giving us free updates for so long and deserve the money.

18. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Can you post a screenshot of how it looks?

19. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Yeah, I'm interested in a screenshot too. $5 for a moving sprite isn't an everyday deal.

Also, has anybody encountered crash in your game as soon as Game Center is connected? I'm not saying JJ, just any games, since I googled and Hay Day players experienced this once too. I tried their solution, unfriended lots of folks with strange characters in their names, but no dice. And I'm REALLY tired of having to log out GC whenever I feel like having a joyride D:

20. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Try turning off the assistive touch.