Universal Jetpack Joyride (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    #2321 thenightfly42, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    Her head is 'MAKE UP' and her body is 'PURPLE DRESS'. I've only bought the head so far, but the body is still available in my setup. (If you are too young to remember, 'Mrs. Doubtfire' was a 1993 movie staring Robin Williams in drag, so Mrs. Doubtfires is Barry in a dress.)

Also, the Wave Runner became active yesterday while I was playing. I think 'dolphin' would have been a better name for it, but it will be interesting to learn.

Has anyone purchased a 'random' item?

2. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Community Coordinator at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey guys,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the latest update. We try to read it all and always do our best to take it on-board.

Here's a quick explanation of the rolling inventory system for those asking:

Basically, all jetpacks and clothing items are now on a giant loop. There will always be a set number of items available for purchase and these items will be updated every week.

As new ones come in, others will be cycled out. These could be completely new items or well known fan-favourites making their return. The process continues so that those items which have been temporarily removed from the game will return once a loop is completed.

Freshly added content will remain in rotation for approximately 22 weeks. Any purchases are permanent and will remain in your inventory for good. It's also important to note that no items have been permanently removed from the game!

There's a huge number of upcoming items and we can't wait to reveal them all. In fact, we've actually doubled the amount of content! Check back each Friday to see which ones have been added and let us know what you think.

Thanks heaps,

Peanuts (Halfbrick Community Coordinator)

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Any idea why the game crashes on my iPad2 Peanuts? :( I'm running iOS5.0.1 (not enough space to update OS for now) and it seems that the game runs fine, but right after connected to Gamecenter it crashes. I can still play if I turn off wifi, but it's not very convenient that way >_>

4. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    I did. I purchased everything. I have a few million dollars to spare though, so that might explain it.

5. Peanuts

Peanuts Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Community Coordinator at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi squashy,

Sorry to hear about that.

I can't give an exact answer right now but I will definitely work with our teams to find out. Please visit http://halfbrick.com/contact and send an email to our customer support staff. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Peanuts

6. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    New Content Friday: no new jetpack, but there's a new outfit (knight helmet and medieval armor).

7. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why some of the old outfits like the super suit, sensei's threads, and the hazmat suit are gone?

8. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    I purchased all of them, and there are all still in my inventory.

9. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

They're not available to buy anymore.

10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    #2330 DannyTheElite, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    They are on a cycle along with the new items introduced in this update, they are currently unavailable but will return at some point.

11. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    I born on 1993 :) Thanks for the info.

12. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    Dude, it was updated two weeks ago.

13. dav9000

dav9000 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #2333 dav9000, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    No icloud sync

Since the last update there is no icloud syncing anymore. It used to sync once the game started in a two step basis. Now it's gone and there's no way it will sync again. I tried all Peanuts said, but to no avail.

Any help?

CORRECTION: the only thing that it does sync is the top distance run, but no inventory items. I have to start from scratch.

CORRECTION2: after restoring my iphone everything went back to normal. I wonder what caused this issue.

14. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I get my jet ski in 5 hours. Can't wait!

15. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Just a few thing after more than 1 hour playing JJ today:

The game is as awesome as ever.

Gamecenter still causes instant crashes. I realize I don't have to turn off wifi, just need to sign out GC to play. This confirms that the problem is with GC. I will try to delete JJ and reinstall then iCloud sync to see if it helps in any way.

There ARE indeed ads. I have seen about 10 today (during over 1 hour playing, not constantly) but they were not annoying, just showed up after a game. Well, I was surprised, but not pissed off, as long as the pop-up rate remains like this.

The cosmetic items are great, I have fun dressing up Barry ...wait that comes out weird lol. Anyway the only addition to the actual gameplay, the Jetski, is it supposed to be super uncommon or something? Honestly I was planning to post about how Jetski is never to be seen after it is unlocked, but somehow I got to ride it twice today during that 1 hour playing session. How was it? It's fun, though not really original (played a game exactly like it a few months ago).................wait now that I think about it maybe it's because I got Gravity Guy way too many times. Don't know why I kept getting it :/

16. oElement

oElement New Member

Jul 15, 2013
  17. HalfBrick

HalfBrick Member

Jul 18, 2013
    This is by far my favorite game to play on my iPod touch

18. thenightfly42

Sep 21, 2012
    Hey, they filled my request! 15 months ago, I requested a Jet-Lev jetpack, and (under a non-trademarked name) they made it available today! Thanks Halfbrick!

19. I still love this game, a new jetpack? I gotta check it out, I got all of them!

20. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hey man the latest update doesn't seem to help. JJ still crashes as soon as it's connected to Gamecenter and I still have to log out my GC acc to play. iPad2 iOS5.0.1, help plz T___T