Universal Jet Car Stunts - by True Axis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Good work on keeping such an oldy but goldy going.

2. great

great Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Kyoto
    Looks fun. Remind me the flash game age.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Great news! :)

4. postmodernpilot

postmodernpilot Active Member

May 30, 2012
    Update is out! However, now the game crashes as soon as I try to open it. I don't really want to delete in fear of losing my gold medals.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Getting the same thing here.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

6. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    That doesn't sound good:(

Looking into this now, although, unfortunately we don't have any crash logs as yet, and have can't reproduce the problem so far. I did just try downloading the JCS from the store on a iPhone6s + with 10.3.3

Could give Jet Car Stunts Lite a try?

7. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    It a only tilt control or is there mfi?

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #2928 Son of Anarchy, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    One of the first true all time greats of the AppStore... thank you for keeping it alive and kicking. Been looking forward to this update (screen size) for a long time.

P.s. Working perfectly fine on a 5s iOS 10.3.2

P.s.s. Just PM if there's any way I can help find the cause of the crash.

9. postmodernpilot

May 30, 2012
    I just tried the lite version and it works. Sadly the full game is still crashing on my iPhone 6S on 10.3.3. Like I said before I really don't want to lose my save data if at all possible. Worst case scenario I have to replay one of my favorite games. #

Also as if I weren't asking enough at the moment I do have one request. Not sure if it would be possible but one of my favorite additions in JCS 2 was the ability to toggle how the reset button worked. Is there anyway that could get added into the original?

10. postmodernpilot

May 30, 2012
    Tilt only. I do implore you to give it a shot. One of my favorite games on my phone. The sequel does have controller however.

11. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2931 luketrueaxis, Aug 1, 2017
    Unfortunately, right now, we can't think of any reason why it might be crashing for some people and not a clue how to find out. I suppose you could try playing in airplane mode, or restarting your phone. I wonder if there is a way you can get a crash log to us.

Edit: actually I just received crash report immediately after that reply. It looks like it might have useful information. Hopefully it points us to the issue.

Although I know there are a few players who still really love JCS even after all these years, it is a bit hard for us to justify doing non critical updates given it is a bit hard to attract new users to such an old game. We do keep thinking it might be interesting to do a big graphics upgrade one day, but I'm not sure if that is something we will actually ever do or not.

12. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I remember commenting on this thread all the way back in November 2009 (just under eight years ago, so I must have been about 13 or 14), and putting it in my favourite iOS games at the time. Since then, this game and the sequel have stayed on my phone through numerous iOS updates and a handful of new handsets. Delighted to see that it's now got 64bit support and will continue to stay where it is! Thanks guys :)

13. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2933 luketrueaxis, Aug 1, 2017
    I think we found the crash bug. Although we made the DLC free for this update, it looks like that if you had bought it and had the receipts currently on your device, then it could cause a crash.

We will submit an update soon for that which I hope will fix it, although, we have no way to actually test the fix does work. We've removed the offending bit of code, but sometimes there are multiple causes of the one bug.

Edit: Crash fix update submitted and waiting for review.

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The bug fix update has passed review, so should be available anytime now. Please let us know if it helps.

15. postmodernpilot

May 30, 2012
    Wooo! We are back in the game! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

16. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

17. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Does this have MFi support? I loved the second one, and I feel like throwing some change at Devs. TIA, cheers!

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't think we ever did MFi support for JCS1. You can also download JCS1 Lite for free, no ads or anything.

Interestingly, after apple gave this update a bit of a feature in the US, JCS has managed to reach its highest ever US paid chart position. Although it did quite well in the long run, it never had a high peak in the US. It actually missed out on a new and noteworthy feature in the US during it's launch week due to an odd bug in the app store. I remember it was a bit frustrating at the time, but since then, we been really fortunate to receive heaps of support from Apple since then and have had a couple other #1 apps to more then make up for that quirk of history.

19. Tendog

Tendog Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    CA
    @luketrueaxis

You wouldn't happen to have saved the leaderboards for this game before OpenFeint shut down would you? I've been looking for the best times on mobile and can't find them anywhere.