Universal Jet Car Stunts - by True Axis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    We've been doing something towards it, but most of our time keeps coming back to True Skate updates. We are just releasing a big update for that now, and need to try to get back onto JCS2 now, although, I'm taking a bit of a brake. Will have to try to dive head first into trying to finish JCS2.

Still don't know about that iPhone 5. We have a build that works on it, but apple intentionally made it really hard to support both iPhone 5 and older devices. There might possibly still be some way, but it seems a bit complicated. If anybody knows more about that feel free to tell use, however, I think it might be better if we focus on JCS2!

2. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I am really missing the ghost racing on JCS. That is what really kept pushing me to try harder because I could see some of the cool ways others have completed the levels. It really added a lot to this game IMHO. Is there no other service that this could be migrated to? It would really be a shame to lose all of those ghost runs by everyone.

3. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We are really focused on JCS2 at this point.

There is a possibility of migrating to another service, but possibly after JCS2 is released. We recently made it work with scoreloop for BB10, but, unfortunatly, the scoreloop SDK for iOS is completely different too the iOS one, so it isn't super simple to do that.

4. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #2904 xStatiCa, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    I am actually glad you are focused on JCS2 instead of 1. The magic of JCS1 though is slipping away for me without the ghost racing. Not that I am saying the game itself is not great(Just the opposite). The JCS game itself is awesome by itself. The ghost racing just puts the icing on the cake and gives more replay ability. There are so many possibilities when it comes to taking shortcuts that most people probably have no chance to beat top scores without seeing how the top players cut corners. Me included :).

I realize you can not devote resources to a game that is probably not giving you much money at this point to be able to shift work to it. You must bring in money to survive. I get that. For me though the biggest part of JCS1 was seeing how others took shortcuts. I was hoping it would go further than that at some point and be able to save a neat ghost run as a favorite or something even if I don't complete the level. I might want to just show off something cool to someone else.

This has always been my favorite game on iOS so I am just really feeling down on the situation. I miss the ghost runs a lot :(. I realize it is not True Axis at fault for the problem. Openfeint are the ones that shut down their service. True Axis and it's users are the victims.

I wish there was at least something I could do like even a manual ghost save/import or something to get by with. I bet that would probably take as much time as implementing scoreloop though.

I am looking forward to JCS2. I would even pay $40 for it if it were released at that price. I know others wouldn't but that is how much I really like JCS. If you ever do a Kickstarter for it for us devoted fans I would join it and give a lot more money for extras like access to the beta, JCS2 toy car, keychain, etc. I am surprised more game companies don't do things like that just to bring in (exploit :)) more income from dedicated fans that would pay more than the normal low price on iOS games. There are few games I would spend more than a few bucks for on iOS. JCS series is definitely one of them.

5. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Came here to talk about how the game should support iphone 5 but I agree with the other guy. The mechanics of the game make it simply one of the best games(no other games match it's intensity. Need for speed most wanted comes close, but doesn't touch it). The lack of racing against other people or yourself (a ghost) does make the game a bit less replayable. Obviously, it's been a long time since JCS1 was released, so I think focusing on JCS2 is the better idea with new features that the other guy mentioned.

Good luck to you true axis. I will be looking forward to purchasing it the first thing it comes out :)

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    This is the oldest game I still have on my iPhone. I've had it installed since release and it will never leave.

I have played it on and off for years and i just cannot bear to delete this classic ... Ever !

7. .Asa

.Asa Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Hello, Luke form True Axis.
    Jet Car Stunts is hands down my favorite iOS game ever, even 4 years after release. I have been anxiously waiting, on the edge of my seat, about to wet my pants, for Jet Car Stunts 2 for a long, long time. I'm totally thrilled to see that it's finally right around the corner. Just a few comments:

- I assume it will be integrated with Game Center due to the demise of Open Feint
    - I assume it will be approximately a US $1.99 price point with optional IAP, like JCS1 and True Skate
    - If you sell it to Electronic Arts and/or make it free-to-play I will die of heart attack and/or grief
    - Please make it support iOS 5, but if you can't that's ok

You say it's coming the first half of 2013, so that's a June 30th deadline. Take your time, though, it's better late than buggy. I will buy JCS2 and every IAP the moment it's available. Thanks for being so awesome.

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I would LOVE this game to be updated with widescreen support. Just sayin'.

9. Th3R3n3gad3

Th3R3n3gad3 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    When is jet car stunts 2 comming out?

10. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    I love how its been coming for years and we haven't even seen any footage.

As I said about a year ago, nobody hold your breath.

11. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't even believe anything I say anymore about the date.

It has been taking much longer then expected to get all the connectivity stuff working in an optimal way with our own server so that it handles user levels with unique leaderboards with replays and popularity, user ratings and date options.

We probably should have taken a lot more short cuts to get it out.

That is all working now, just need more polish on the UI layout and more testing.

All the levels might basically done this week. They will just need testing and minor fixes. We might still make some major changes on a few levels, but at least we will actually have a full set there that looks finished.

We still need to work out the IAP structure and level unlocking flow and some more UI work, but it is getting there.

I think we will push back the release date too November though. It might be a bit sooner if not for some of us taking a break soon.

I'm too scared to release any screen shots or videos until we are super confident about the release date.

12. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Can't stop playing it~!

13. I saw this and started playing it a bit, good times.

14. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Still play JCS to this day and it was my first IOS game ever.

Hey Luke, what about releasing the game and then adding the level editor in later as an update? Could that work? (Then again, I'm just really really want to play JCS2)

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#2915 Bronxsta, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Been replaying this in preparation for the sequel and four years later, it's just as fun and finely tuned as ever. I usually hate tilt controls, especially in driving game, but JCS just feels perfect. A true IOS classic

16. Yeah, I too am looking forward to the sequel, hopefully it can have more special effects than the first.

17. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Does this work on iOS 8 and 9?

18. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    It works on my iPhone 5s on iOS 9.

19. postmodernpilot

postmodernpilot Active Member

May 30, 2012
    If anyone at True Axis reads this please update the app for the upcoming iOS 11 apocalypse. I can't stand to lose this game.

20. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    If you are talking about the 64 bit issue, then, yes, we have already done the conversion, and will push live once we get a chance.