Javascript in iPhone Browser

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by wyattbiker, Feb 22, 2009.

1. wyattbiker

wyattbiker Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Does the iphone safari support javascript in the browser? Any limitations or a link I can read about it?

2. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    You should be able to use any javascript but I think Java is out. The Apple web app developer pages should have more details.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I don't think so. I remember an interview with Steve Jobs discussing the possibility of integrating flash and java. Flash is a maybe, java is old-school, so that's a no go.

4. stitchemwords

stitchemwords Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    If I remember correctly, Apple rejected Flash support back in October/November. They said it would be impossible to do QC on flash games because of the sheer amount of games that would flood the AppStore.

5. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Java and javascript are completely different.
    http://developer.apple.com/webapps/
    This page has all you need to know. If you look at sample code most of them will come with an html, css, and javascript file. It would break most websites to not allow javascript.

6. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    yes. just to reiterate. Javascript is fully supported.

arn

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I thought that games had to be created in the SDK. It'd be possible to put the games into the idevices in their native format?