Jamzu Contest :: 7 days :: 35 Promos :: $50 iTunes Gift Card!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by DougNicola, Feb 12, 2010.

1. DougNicola

DougNicola Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    #1 DougNicola, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    Hi all!

Jamzu & Jamzu Free 1.22 are both released! To celebrate this awesome release of Jamzu, I would like to hold a fun contest for the great folks here at Touch Arcade! :)

Jamzu Move Contest Winners!

Jamzu Move Champion 2010 Winner: Khamous

[​IMG]

Jamzu Move Contest Random Draw Winner:
    haffertee

Congratulations to both Khamous and haffertee! :)

Two $50 iTunes Gift Cards will be given away in these contests!

You can enter any time before the deadline of Thursday February 18th, 12pm (Noon) Eastern Time.

[​IMG]

The First Contest:

:: Every day from today through Wednesday the 17th, I'm going to post a single Jamzu game position.

:: Give your suggestion on what the best move for RED would be for the given position.

:: If you enter a suggested move for each of the seven positions, you will be entered in a random drawing for a $50 iTunes Gift Card.

:: Also, each day, A Jamzu promo code will be given to each of the first five people who submit move suggestions.

:: It doesn't matter if someone else has previously suggested your favorite move. You can still suggest it for a promo code, the random drawing contest, or the Jamzu Move Champion contest.

:: The contest will close at 12pm Eastern time Thursday February 18th, and the winner of the $50 iTunes Gift Card will be announced at 12pm Eastern Time Friday February 19th. The winner of the JAMZU MOVE CHAMPION 2010 $50 iTunes Gift Card will also be announced at this time.

The Rules:

1. Your suggestion must be a reasonable move for RED. Wild guesses and anything that doesn't make at least a little sense will be rejected. I'll try to point out any move suggestions that won't be counted. Promo codes will only be given for suggested moves that are legal.

2. There will likely be several acceptable move suggestions per position.

3. Please use a notation like this to descibe your move suggestion: (1) H7-B3

This would mean that for position one you are suggesting a move from square H7 to square B3. For a runner moving off, just give the first square.

Please also keep a running list of your moves, when you make a post, to help us keep track! :)

4. You can enter the contest at any time up to the close of the contest at 12pm Eastern Time, Thursday, February 18th. The only requirement is that you post a list of your move suggestions for each position before this time.

5. Each new position will be posted at around 12pm Eastern Time each day.

PRIVATE MOVE LISTS

6. For the "Jamzu Move Champion 2010" contest (see below), you can submit your move list to us privately via email or PM. Just make sure it is submitted before the deadline, and includes a reason for each move. You do not have to post any of your moves in the thread, anywhere, and only the moves on your private list will be taken as your chosen moves. The winning move list will be published when the Champion is announced.

7. It is our sole discretion, and final decision, to decide what the best moves are for the "Jamzu Move Champion 2010" contest.

8. Please note these contests are designed for individual participation. Individual participants can of course have helpers behind the scenes, and they may wish to credit those helpers if they win. Team entries will not be accepted for these contests.

9. For the "Jamzu Move Champion" contest, even though you are not required to post your moves in this thread, please note that the contest is intended to be for members of Touch Arcade. If you are not yet a member and wish to participate, please register sometime before the closing time of the contest (Thursday, February 18th, 12pm Eastern).

10. If you enter the Jamzu Move Champion 2010 contest and don't win, you are also automatically entered in the random drawing contest. Basically this just means the winner of the Jamzu Move Champion contest is chosen first, and then the winner of the random drawing contest is chosen from the remaining entries.

JAMZU MOVE CHAMPION 2010 CONTEST !!!

We'll select one contestant, who, based on our judgment, has suggested the best possible moves for each position. This contestant will receive a $50 iTunes Gift Card, and will be given the honorary title "Jamzu Move Champion 2010" To be eligible for this prize, you must give at least a brief explanation of why your suggested move is the best in each position. If there are several contestants who come up with the same best move lists, we will randomly pick a winner from this group.

On with the contest!! Remember, the first five entries each day get a Jamzu promo code!

POSITION ONE (Red to move with a six. Red is moving from the bottom off the board towards the top):

[​IMG]

POSITION TWO Red to move with a five.

[​IMG]

POSITION THREE Red to move with a four. Even though it looks tough for Red here, Red actually won this game.

[​IMG]

POSITION FOUR Red to move with a four.

[​IMG]

POSITION FIVE Red to move with a three.

[​IMG]

POSITION SIX Red to move with a two.

[​IMG]

POSITION SEVEN - The Final Position Red to move with a one.

[​IMG]

Have fun!

Reviews are always appreciated!

Cheers,
    ~Doug

-------------------
    New Contest Starts Monday, February 22, 2010

Beginning Monday, February 22, we'll be starting PART 2 of The Great Jamzu Touch Arcade Promotion of February 2010.

The Jamzu Daily Double

$50 in iTunes Gift Certificates will be given away.

Each day for five days we will put up a post with two Jamzu positions.

The first person to post the best move for both positions that day will win a $10 iTunes Gift Certificate.

The Jamzu Daily Double will be started in a new thread here on Touch Arcade.

The Jamzu positions will be completely different for the new contest. There won't be any overlap between the the contests going on now and the new one starting February 22.

Anyone who participates in, or wins, the contests going on now will be free to play in The Jamzu Daily Double contests as well.

-------------------
    A Selection of iTunes Reviews for Jamzu

Great Game! ★★★★★
    "We really are having fun with this game. It is used more than all the other games I have downloaded put together!"

Highly polished strategy game ★★★★★
    "I have several chess and go apps, and they are nice... BUT THIS is so much more because it doesn't try to emulate a board game, it makes use of the platform... the visual cues are top notch, and the game is well thought out."

This is one of the most original games I have played on my ipod! ★★★★★
    "This game is like a mix between chess and checkers in every good way you can possibly think of..."

Solid app! ★★★★
    "Well, I just got this app today, and I have to say, I am thoroughly pleased... All in all, great app. Jamzu deserves a spot on your iphone"

Unsung Game ★★★★★
    "I've never heard of Jamzu before, but this is one heck of a fun little strategy game..."

Fun board game ★★★★★
    "Really unique game! Very strategic and fun... I haven't put it down since I got it 2 days ago..."

-------------------
    User Comments About Jamzu

"My husband gave me an iPod touch for my birthday, and we promptly found Jamzu, tried the free version and then bought the full version. We are both hooked on this game! Thanks so much!" ~ Becky U.

"I believe it is one of the best "hidden gems" in the Appstore." ~ bweb

-------------------
    Full Feature List:
    - Awesome Two Player Wi-Fi and Two Player Same Device modes.
    - Four difficulty levels for challenging Single Player fun.
    - Helpful Hint makes learning Jamzu a snap.
    - Fantastic graphics, animation and sounds.
    - Listen to your iPod music while playing Jamzu. Set volume of Jamzu independently.
    - Auto save and reload.
    - Save up to four games each in Single Player, Two Player Wi-Fi and Two Player Same Device.
    - Match play and point settings for Single Player and Two Player Same Device games.
    - Set player names independently by game, Single Player or Two Player modes.

2. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    #2 TheSporkWithin, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    I'm thinking I2 to E6.

(1) I2-E6

EDIT: Did you want these posted or PMed?

3. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Red to move H3 to I3.

4. seang

seang Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    g2 to h2 that is the move i would do

5. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    SporkWithin, you'll have a code on the way.

akame, your move H3 to I3 doesn't work as given. Were you thinking something else?

Remember to keep a running list as you go, noting the position. I won't be making any comments about suggested moves (unless they don't work or don't make sense) until the end of the contest. :)

~Doug

6. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

7. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    seang, your move isn't legal! :) You can try out Jamzu Free to get a feel for the game!

~Doug

8. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    B5 to F5, was thinking and you need to block the blues or you're dead... great game, hope I get a code.

9. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    Hi all! This is going to be a really fun contest, I can tell. :)

Just to clarify, promo codes will only be given to suggested moves that are legal! I added this clarification to rule 1. Thanks! If you don't happen to get a code one day, just try the next!

~Doug

10. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    CzarCastic - not legal!
    Khamous - code on the way!

~Doug

11. CzarCastic

So my move isn't legal? lol

Alright, I'm downloading the free version now. I'm going to try to figure this out for a code.:D

12. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Red moves H3 to I3

13. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    Khamous, Please note: Your move is legal but doesn't really make sense, so I can't include your suggested move there in the final contest. Be sure to submit a better move for this position later!

Rule summary: First five legal moves each day get a code. But only moves that make some sense will be entered into the final contest. Thanks! :) If you have any doubt about your moves being entered into the contest, contact me to make sure.

~Doug

14. CzarCastic

#14 CzarCastic, Feb 12, 2010
    OK. Let's try this...

(1) I2-E6

Edit: Wanted to add my rationale, even though there's no way I'll be the move champion. I think that my move does two things. It starts to unbury the red piece (G2), as well as offering a second line of protection against the blue piece (J6).

15. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Thanks for the code! Really cool game you have here. I kinda feel like the gift card values should be reversed, with the random "pity prize" being 10 bucks and the "you're awesome" prize being 50 though.

16. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    #16 DougNicola, Feb 12, 2010
    Thanks, SporkWithin! We decided to up the prizes to TWO $50 iTunes gift cards. :)

The "Jamzu Move Champion, 2010" prize is now also a $50 iTunes card.

Remember, to qualify for the "Jamzu Move Champion, 2010" prize, a short reason will have to be given for each move.

Cheers!
    ~Doug

17. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    #17 DougNicola, Feb 12, 2010
    goldglover: H3 to I3 is not legal.

~Doug

18. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Rethough! H7-F5 :D

19. Canis Firebrand

Canis Firebrand Well-Known Member

That was going to be my move. :( lol

1) I6-F4

20. DougNicola

Jun 8, 2009
    iPhone Game Developer
    All over the place
    #20 DougNicola, Feb 12, 2010
    Hi all!

This is definitely going to be a fun contest. To keep things managable, I'll post occasional rule reminders.

Both prizes are now worth a $50 iTunes Gift Card.

Please make sure you keep a running list of your moves as we go through the next seven days. For those wishing to try for the "Jamzu Move Champion" prize, you *will* have to give at least a short justification for each move suggestion in your final list.

Have a blast!

(BTW, having to take care of other things while I do this contest, I will not be responding immediately to all posts. Please PM me if you think I may have overlooked something.)

Cheers,
    ~Doug