Jailbreaking to Its Fullest [NO FLAMING!]

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by SunriseMoon, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Orlandosan

Orlandosan Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    College Student
    Somewhere in the US
    True, but when your downloading apps at the itunes store, your basically stealing without buying!

2. Orlandosan

Orlandosan Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    College Student
    Somewhere in the US
    Jailbraking is not illegal, but downloading apps without paying is a crime!

True, but when your downloading apps at the itunes store, your basically stealing without buying! which is a little ignorant.

3. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #63 iphoneprogrammer, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
    Maybe i dont understand what you just said, but if you download apps off of the itunes store you ARE buying them....at least thats what i rhink the "buy now" button is for... Maybe im mistaken i dnt know

and nvr in my argument did i talk about downloading apps... I was retaliating to the comment made about How jailbreaking your idevice is pirating. Its not

4. Scyther

Scyther Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Im not on either side and do not own a jailbroken ipod/iphone but in my eyes i see it like this

lnstallous = a App version of Limewire pretty much?
    Like everyone uses Limewire or some other torrent to get free music.. i doubt anyone actually buys music from itunes.. well some do but thats like 1% of the population... and in my eyes i see Jailbreaking - lnstallous the same thing but for apps..

So If you torrent music.. your pretty much doing the same thing as stealing arn't you? So Stop Flaming each other :p And also not every jailbreaker uses it for apps, they just either want to unlock every possible feature for der ipod/iphone eg. Background?

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #65 Vovin, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010

You're so unbelieveable wrong! :rolleyes:

iTunes Store just hit 10 Billion sold songs a few days ago.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/02/25itunes.html
    http://news.onvista.de/unternehmensberichte/artikel/25.02.2010-14:30:00-itunes-store-tops-10-billion-songs-sold?ID_NEWS=136668329

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100224/apples-itunes-thanks-10-billion/?mod=fox

6. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Jailbreaking is certainly not illegal. It allows you to do your own personal tweaks to the software that doesn't require stealing any retail software. It adds features to the phone that Apple still hasn't gotten around to doing. For example: Multitasking.

7. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Fail.

8. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Thank you!, at least someone else saw that lol

9. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    #69 2hvy4grvty, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    That's a very small percentage of the actual number of musical mp3s in circulation. I'd put that number closer to 10 trillion.

And you're to tell me you've never once, downloaded a mp3? Streams a show/movie outside of its copyright source? Hypocrisy kills.

10. CapnXCrunch

CapnXCrunch New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    The only things i would jailbreak for would be for gbps phone etc. and themes

11. larrybeo

larrybeo Active Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Perhaps Because It Voids a Warranty?

Maybe TA doesn't have a proper Jailbreak forum because it voids the warranty on the phone? I know I had the tethering hack on my phone and it messed up my visual voice mail.

I know I myself would rather follow the rules when regarding my phone because I don't want anything to happen to it.

What are the advantages of jailbreaking? I myself cannot think of a legal or an illegal advantage of jailbreaking a phone.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Control. Themes, 5/6 icon docks, backgrounder apps, quick links to oft-used features such as bluetooth/wi-fi, expanding usage via SSH, improvements such as custom keyboard layouts and app folders...

It's legal and it hasn't harmed my iPod at all, so why not? Things have only gotten better and I'm sitting happily on the correct side of the law.