Jailbreaking to Its Fullest [NO FLAMING!]

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by SunriseMoon, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Oh god, no! Jailbroken iPods make apple lose money! I don't think there should be a jailbreaking forum at all, as it's pretty much illegal and makes touchArcade look unprofessional.

2. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    ...how?

3. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    [​IMG]

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    By "pretty much" you mean "not at all".

Apple haven't lost a cent due to me jailbreaking, I'd like to know how you think they have. They lose money through piracy which is a different topic, as would be stealing iPhones directly from stores.

5. Skate

Skate Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Cincinnati
    I don't know the source, much less understand how it works.

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

iPtF isn't that bad. It's not bad enough just to stop visiting there at least once a day. Sure there'll be one or two n00bs, but if you've checked recently it's pretty clean.

And now it's advancing in themeing and apps, always bringing the latest. It's also a great place for Off-topic discussion, much better than over here. Although this forum brings quite a homely feel to the Off-topic section, iPtF still wins.

But I do agree, I like to keep this forum purely on gaming (what I'm most interested in), and iPod touch Fans about jailbreaking (for my news etc.) and just to chillax.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    No it's not really that bad and I still visit every once in awhile, but don't stay that long so I don't know how much better it's gotten.

I agree the off topic section is more lively over there, never really took a liking to it though. I guess since I mostly want to talk about gaming and the iPod gaming section isn't that "busy" compared to here, I lose interest quickly.

8. kaokien

kaokien Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Keeping your girlfriend company
    Add iKaokien GameCenter
    I'm just wondering to all the people that say developers lose money from people that pirate but 99% percent of the people would essentially not pay for the app so how does the developer lose profit the only was they lose profit is people talking about getting free apps and potential buyers would get it cracked but the average iphone/ipod user would not want to go through all that hassle for something that cost a dollar when they can buy it.

anyone want to enlighten me how devs lose profit :confused:

9. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Jailbreaking can have it's upsides and down. I Prefer to be jailbroken.
    I like the multitude of themes you can use for it.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #30 Vovin, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
    There is piracy because there is jailbreaking!
    Without jailbreaking there is no piracy.

Jailbreaking = source of piracy = starving indie devs = very bad.

Konfuzius says: destroy the evil at its source.
    Source of evil = jailbreaking.
    Destroying jailbreaking = destroying piracy.

11. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Wow. Seriously? There will always be piracy. There will always be jailbreaking. Don't knock it till you've tried it (jailbreaking, not piracy I mean). Besides:
    http://gizmodo.com/5477732/the-myth-of-iphone-app-piracy

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Although I do disagree, he does make a good point.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Source of evil = human race.
    Destroy human race = destroy war, poverty, murder, abuse, destruction of the planet... oh, and piracy.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Why do I always feel that my sarcasm is wasted? :rolleyes:

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure, but it's possible you've just dragged mine down with it.

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    lol I mean what you said isn't neccessarily wrong...

17. mynameisjesse

mynameisjesse Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Man some people are morons. Jailbreaking is in no way illegal. I've spent more money on apps(app store and cydia) than anyone I know, yet I'm jailbroken. People who talk trash about it have no clue what they're missing. The app store is great for games but has nothing for functionality. Without apps like Proswitcher, SBSettings, and QuickReply the iPhone is just not as good as it could be. Themes aside, jailbreaking gives you the things you want that Apple won't give you. Would you be fine with your computer being locked down?

18. JKK Photography

JKK Photography Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    /dev/null
    I don't think this is needed on a site named Touch Arcade. I'm a leading member on iPtF, and I get sick and tired of the n00bs that come on, just to ask "What does Blackr1n do?" "What is tethered jailbreak?"

I'd rather keep it separate, since the games ecosystem is flourishing on the App Store, not Cydia/ Rock.

19. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    By the way, welcome to Touch Arcade :)

20. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    My nonjailbroken iPhone recently crashed and wouldn't get passed the apple screen. I got pissed off and decided to jailbreak my iPhone as an act of rebellion. I jb my iPhone after I upgraded to 3.1.3 too. I used redsnow 0.9.4. My iPhone is alive and well with categories and chronus for game organization and backup. Btw, I buy all my games and hardly ever use promo codes. So you guys can keep the pirate label.