Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Dubstep, Aug 18, 2012.
Was the jailbreak section removed or is it just me?
Not just you and: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2389418#post2389418
Why? And why no warning that it was about to happen?
At least put it to a vote on the front page.
That's a shame. The majority of the posters who admitted to piracy in the "why do you jailbreak" thread were almost all people who had under 100, even 50 posts. They weren't regulars, just people who happened to pop in for that thread. And every time someone came in and asked "how do I pirate ______???", they were always reprimanded by other users. There were a lot of regulars in that section (myself included) who talked about Jailbreak things that weren't piracy related 99% of the time. The other 1% was only if other people brought it up, and those discussions were quickly shut down. We even had a pretty interesting (although heated) discussion about security on jailbroken devices being better than vanilla iOS.
its the only forum on this site which I read daily, in fact that was the reason i signed up in the first place, I liked reading about the emulators, problems caused by others supposedly but thats not my problem at the end of the day.
Just access it using a link.
Same here, I would check the emulator threads everyday, and I signed up just to comment there. I don't have a link to use, and there's a new Saturn emu that was just put out... Oh, the humanity!
It's like when the whole class is punished because of one bad kid. Please TA, bring back the Jailbreaking forums, and just remove the offending members.
It's a deeper issue than the jailbreak forum being a breeding ground for pirates in that it could potentially put the TouchArcade app on questionable grounds with Apple since you're about four taps away from all sorts of jailbreak stuff right from the home screen of the app.
I'm sorry if its disappearance is inconveniencing anyone, but the good news is there's no shortage of jailbreak sites/communities/forums on the internet.
It hurts a little bit but was likely the right thing to do.
Im glad to see it go, was a waste of space on the forum homepage
Couldn't agree better.
Weirdly the TA Jailbreaking forum was just about the only place on the internet where Jailbreaking was discussed as if it wasn't all about piracy. I'll miss it as I liked to keep track of how easy/hard jailbreaking was at any given time and can't be bothered to work out where else to find the info.
I vote this thread as the new jailbreak discussion place on TA
awww man, oh well there aren't any good jailbreak games(correct me if i am wrong), only emulators and mods.
Modmyi, macthemes, and iFans all do this. And they are all adamantly against piracy in their rules.
It's not the same as posting on TouchArcade though
What's the most active site for jailbreaking forums? I know TouchArcade isn't anymore =P.
Alright dudes, time to close this thread if we're going to start linking to piracy forums.