Jaduu VNC sale tonight - from $25 to $5!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by vandy1997, Sep 18, 2008.

1. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    #1 vandy1997, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
    For those of you who are interested, Jaduu VNC will be offered for $5 (down from $25) for a 12-hour period starting tonight at 11:59 Eastern Daylight Time (see here for infor: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=925312&highlight=jaadu ).

NOTE: Please note that if you UPDATE this app at a later date, you will be charged the difference in price from $5 to $25 (or $20). So if you download it, make sure NOT to update it, or you will pay $20! It's still a great deal as long as you don't update later on.

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
  3. mek

mek Well-Known Member

it also states that "updates will always be free"...and the price is still 25 bucks....so i dont buy it.... literally (there is no guarantee it will work on my computer)

4. DeadlySquirrels

Sep 16, 2008
    How can they charge the difference ??? Like arn stated, at the moment there is no possible way of charging owners of an app more than what they paid, which is why most developers have to create a "Deluxe" version if they want to increase the price. I just got it for $5 though and it works flawlessly.

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008

Can any devs here clarify if this is possible?

arn

6. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008

I've never seen this option. I saw this app this morning, and wondered how they were doing this.

7. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    I can't make any claims about this app in particular, but I do know for a fact that I have downloaded other games when they were initially being promoted for free, and then at a later date when the free promotion had stopped and they were now charging to first-time buyers of the game, I still got the updates for that game for free...

8. ReformatPlanet

ReformatPlanet Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Film Producer
    NJ/NY
    I picked this up, really cool program for 5$, but i don't see why it should be worth 25$. I'm a little worried that with all this talk about having to pay the difference on the next update, they might have intentionally left out some important feature for a future update to try to hook people.

As is, the program works fine, but the refresh rate is too slow for decent video playback, and it won't stream audio. I also think some WOL functionality could be added to round out its value.

Aside from these possible additions, i would wonder what features a future update could offer to convince me to shell out an extra 20$.

9. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Anyone tried this app and able to give a comparison between it, and Mocha VNC? From face value, it just looks like a nicer-looking VNC, but at a huge cost

10. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I've tried them both (Mocha and Jaadu). As far as set-up is concerned Jaadu is much easier. There's an eay tutorial on the Jaadu website. Be aware, that I set up Mocha (the full version) on my Windows computer, and Jaadu on my Mac. As far as functionality, they both do virtually the same thing. The only major differences lie in the UI functionality. I'm not a super technical guy, so I don't know what kind of processing power it would take to allow audio and video to be streamed, but this was actually the reason why I bought both of these, and neither of them offer it at the moment. Jaadu says it right on the webpage, but in parenthesis, which was added after I bought it. I'm really hoping that Jaadu finds a way to add it in the future.

11. davidmdowning42

davidmdowning42 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    I thought Mocha had a subscription fee...

12. morscata12

morscata12 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Is there a server version of Mocha, or do you need to use your own VNC server? I'm getting low framerates from UltraVNC server (1 per second) via WiFi, and I'm hoping there's a more official route to take :).

For the video streaming, I was able to view Hulu (no sound) through UltraVNC on Mocha Lite. It might be a server issue rather than a client issue.