Universal Jade Empire™: Special Edition (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Thank you.

2. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Agreed.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Being that Aspyr only ported and optimized this version, I doubt they'll have the ability or authority to actually code new content for the game. I'd imagine that would be an original developer thing, so Bioware would be the ones who'd have to do that kind of thing.

4. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Yea, this will never happen. It would be amazing if bioware could create new content, along with kotor, but with them working on mass effect, our best hope is an actual sequel. Too bad if they did create a sequel it definately would not be for ios but next gen systems :/ Either way Im loving this game. Can't believe i never played it on my OG Xbox back in the day.

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm just super thankful that these have made their way to iOS and OS X. I've never owned an Xbox, so this is awesome being able to play them for the first time!

6. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #106 rhinofinger, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Great game! I also can't seem to get healing to work using the Expert control scheme except for along the very bottom portion of the right side of the screen. iPhone 6S, iOS 10.10. Everything else works perfectly and I love the game aside from this weird healing issue.

7. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    One problem I have with the game is the targeting system. It kinda goes bonkers when you've got a lot on enemies on screen. You target one, start attacking then it auto targets another mob sometimes making you turn 180 degrees. Then the mob you're attacking escapes

8. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    I'm surprised how few good reviews are on the app store considering people here seem to like it.

9. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Just finished the game. Beautiful as always since it's Bioware! Time to re-play KotOR (last time was a decade ago lol). Hope Aspyr also ports over Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I'd love to actually experience Mass Effect finally. If they brought it to iOS, I'd definitely pick it up. But I'd buy almost anything if Aspyr ports it.

11. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Just finished the game on my Pro 12.9", It was one of the best games i have ever played in my life and on iOS , I'm so happy to see exclusive game like this on iOS only, I hope "Aspyr" makes the speed faster and release more ported games to iOS ASAP. But the game was short in my opinion i wish it was longer with more masters and environments.

12. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Did anybody finish the game on iOS I've finished it with Wu(female) and did everything to get the romance with Silk Fox(female) but there was no romance ending
    I'm wondering if Aspyr removed the homosexual romance endings or not, did anyone managed get to them?

13. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    I don't think so , Their previous game was full and without any censor.

14. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    #114 Ragn4rok 74, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Anyone played this with iPad Air? Curious how it runs. My SIX MONTH OLD PS4 bit the dust today and I'm having to send it off. Loved this on my Xbox back in the day but never finished it. Looking for something to get me through the next few gameless weeks.
    I don't have a controller so I'm also wondering how the on screen controls do.

15. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Nope, Aspyr didn't remove it. I actually romanced Silk Fox also with a female character (Jen Zi) successfully and it reflected in the ending

16. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah I was wondering if I was just missing a way to switch targets. If you go to the controls in the menu it will show a controller with buttons for switching enemies clockwise and counterclockwise, but it's based off a console controller...still, it seems like it should be there.

17. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Is this full screen on iPhone X?

18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I watched an expert mode tutorial on youtube—I'm realizing now that expert mode is really the way to go! You pull off your power attack much more easily, and you can block much better.

Anyway, you can change your target by tapping on a different enemy. Maybe tapping on a non target will get you in free movement mode? Haven't tried that yet.

19. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    Is this full screen on iPhone X?

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The game is on sales and how does it play? Is this a button mash up game like street fighter with rpg elements? Or like KoToR?

21. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    Full screen on iPhone X?

22. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Slightly buttonmashey, but far less than e.g. Street Fighter. More like Kotor indeed, I'd say: you don't need to memorise and practice long combo sequences like in a fighting game, e.g. my current favorite combo has 4 taps/actions.
    Quite some fighting, yes; but also pretty heavy on the roleplaying. I'm quite sure you'll like it ;)

23. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    Is this full screen on an iPhone X?

24. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #120 verlaine, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    I think you can access a New Game Plus mode after you finish the game at least once, but are you obliged to play the game in the extra-hard Jade Master Mode if you want to carry over your stats, techniques, styles, etc..? Or can you replay the game on the same--or lower--difficulty level just to enjoy the story while carrying over your stats and skills from your previous playthrough?

25. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    Full screen on I phone X?