Universal Jade Empire™: Special Edition (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I'm going to jump in and grab it just because everyone else is so excited!! It does also look rather good. Also why don't you all have controllers? My nimbus combined with a nyko grip has transformed the way I game on my iPhone and iPad mini (grip holds the mini perfectly) I'm amazed more people have not invested in one. Check out afterpad.com for more controller goodness!!

2. Big_Tidy_Beaches

Big_Tidy_Beaches New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Unless they changed things from the original game you will only be able to max out 4 style completely by the end of the game. If you do everything; you will end up around level 25/26. Max level is 32 but it is a extremely large grind to level that high. I would not put any points into Heavenly Wave or Fortune's favorite; save your points for later in the game. There are a lot of better styles later. If you do not plan to play on Jade Master difficulty then Chi damage is not needed and you can put those points elsewhere.

3. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    Surprisingly, when I upgraded to my new 12.9" iPad Pro with 256 GB, from my old iPad 2 with only 16 GB, I thought it would take me awhile to coming close to nearly filling it up. But, it snuck up on me in just a few month's time, after downloading all of the games in my history, that I have bought/played over time, that I knew for sure I wanted on it. Then there was the stuff I bought, but ended up being unable to play before due to lack of power, but can now run. Then lastly new games, that I was able to even DL before, that I can now. And just anything that piques my interest and try out. I saw I had about 30 GB free. Since I've been playing iOS stuff for 6 years, I've amassed a LOT of stuff. Meaning, that 256 GB can still be filled up, also.

4. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm looking for a above average time consuming as much as it can be console expierence... Game.

Looks to be either Jade or Titan Quest. I want a nice story driven game... Would everyone here recommend Jade?

5. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    How much did this cost you...

You know if most games could be played like this... And most games were like Jade id be all over it.

I got to say I'm noticing more paid games as of late and it's making me happy.

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Bought to support Aspyr, even if I can't play for anytime soon.

Please, bring us more gems. Kotor 2, anyone? Lol

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm not a martial arts fan or that into Chinese culture, but this game has really gripped me. I'm enjoying both because of the quality of gameplay and story. I'd highly recommend this one. Glad that it's way better than I thought it would be.

8. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Thank you, Sir!

9. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Just bought it...

It looks great on iPhone 6s Plus.

I'll support 10.00 to 40.00 games on iOS all day long.

10. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I'm in NZ, the controller cost me $109 NZD and the grip was $20, I had a PXN Speedy controller before, it was good, but the nimbus is so much better, in the controller forum on afterpad I posted a few pics of a mod I made to the grip! There are a lot of games that do use MFI, Bastion, implosion Never Dies, Horizon Chase,, Space Marshalls 1 & 2,both Halo Ganes, Call of Duty Team Strike, Geometry Wars, Xenowerk. To name just a few, they're all transferred with a controller. Get one and you will see what I mean!!

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    One important thing to keep in mind about being a new iOS gamer.

If you ever delete some games due to lack of space (this is happening more and more as developers release large games) and intend to play them some time later, you might want to consider holding off on any iOS updates.

iOS updates can break games and unless the developer patches the game you will never be able to play it. This can easily happen if the game is not generating sales.

Unlike, lets say, Windows 7 where you can be pretty sure that any updates will not break your games, iOS patches can and you have a very limited time to revert back to a previous iOS version.

12. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    iOS updates typically don't break apps.

Apps break themselves by mis-using APIs or using SPIs (AKA private APIs not meant to be used by third party developers).

For example, when all of those Square Enix games broken on iOS 8, it was because they stopped being able to read/write their save games. This is because they were assuming the location of their data. iOS randomized the local storage location of an app's data to enforce sandboxing.

Since iOS 2, there was an API for developers to get the directory used for an app's data. Any developer that used the right API from day one did not have a broken app once iOS 8 came out.

13. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    I picked the shirtless dude with 1000 cuts...

Does he suck? I keep getting my ass handed to me at the towns beach at the ship. Becoming annoying as hell watching the same cut scene over and over and over and over.

After the first wave my health is so low the three ghosts sniping me with ice shots gets me.

Should I restart and pick a more powerful character?

14. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Are iCloud saves enabled automatically?

15. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Is it just me... Or do you die a lot? Finally got past the beach... Now I'm fighting Gao and died... Again.

Then you got to reload... Go thru all the cut scenes and conversations again...

Maybe it's me just sucking, picking wrong class, but the start of this game has not be that fun.

Tech impressive... Though.

16. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Ok... Finally got the hang of it. I'm about 2 hours in and I can tell I'm going to be in for a MASSIVE treat with this game. The 1942 mini game was fantastic... Being able to transform into mobs you killed is fantastic! The graphics are amazing...

Loving it... Now that I'm into the game!!

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Glad to see you've done an 180 with your opinion of the game. :) Thing is, just get the hang of (quick) saving frequently.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's a little cloud icon on the picture associated with every one of your save slots. Simply hitting that cloud will send the save to iCloud.

One thing to note is that because the game (awesomely) frequently saves the game automatically, you're gonna have a TON of save files, each taking up a little bit of space on your phone. Don't worry about the app bloating since you can delete these files as you see fit.

19. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    If it's to hard you can turn the difficulty down to an easier one. Yeah it's great 5 hours in im exactly where you are beat gao about to talk to master. I don't know how it's been 5 hours I don't feel like I did a single thing yet.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Gao? 5 hours? O_O Sure, I'm playing on the easiest difficulty, but I'm almost certain I was at that point an hour in.