Universal Jade Empire™: Special Edition (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Wow, my biggest installed app is Implosion, taking up 2.59 GB of space, followed by Magic Duels at 1.97 GB.
    But this one being over 3 GB - hoping that doesn't become the norm, lol.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    256GB models begin to make sense, don't they? ;)

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    How is this without using mifi or controller. I'm glad to have the iPhone 7 256gb with tons of these games coming out!

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    It's fine to my point of view, better than the latest warhammer game.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Norm for simple tap tap indie games? I hope not. But the 4 gig limit (I think) opens up many possibilities for big classic PC ports such as this one. Maybe even newer ports too.

6. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    #46 Rein37, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    I can't scroll down in the character selection screens...
    Anyone else having this problem?
    I try and tap on the arrows or use my finger and swipe down, but I can't move the text down.
    I mean...it's obvious that there's more info to read, but I can't see it or get to it.

Edit: I'm playing on an iPhone 6s+ with the latest iOS version.

Edit #2: Ok, so I figured it out...it's reversed. To scroll up you have to swipe down and vice-versa. The arrow buttons still do nothing.

7. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Seriously, no one else having trouble with this? Healing flat out doesn't work with expert controls, tried on my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2.

8. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Bought and downloading now. Wow! We've got KotOR, and now this! What's next? Dragon Age: Origins? #*Fingers crossed*

9. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I would instabuy that, for sure. But I'd rather Kotor 2 first.

10. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #50 nkx, Oct 7, 2016
    My friend has a iPhone 6. How does this run on a 6? He wants to make sure b/f clicking buy button

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm using an iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.2, and it works flawlessly so far for me. I've even put it in the background, downloaded stuff from Dropbox, read some in another app, and returned to it without a problem. It runs just as well as KOTOR does for me.

12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Awesome. Thank you.

13. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    ????? You are not a gamer, "Fahrenheit" was their second game before this and I'm still playing that, "Aspyr Team" is one of the best Premium companies atm, Their games were iOS exclusive first then they decide to port it to Android as well which broke my heart (Android Hater is here) hope to see this one as exclusive for iOS once again, it could be 1 year at least like the previous titles.

14. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    #54 AspyrMatt, Oct 7, 2016
    Hey Heringer, are you swiping down and holding? It's a heal over time mechanic, but you have to hold it down to keep healing.

If you are doing that, have you tried different areas of the right side of the screen (closer to the edge for example)? The effective area can vary a little depending on the screen size.

EDIT: Just checked it on the iPhone 6 here, worked fine. It is important to make sure the swipe starts in the active area. If you swipe from outside the area and through it, it won't be detected correctly.

15. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Hey glad to see you here, I want to know could you please port nvidia shield games such as "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" and "Doom" to iOS and iPad Pro?

And which game would be your next port?

16. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    Thanks. It worked. However, the contact area for swipe down moves (dodging back and healing) only register within a very small part of the bottom of the screen. There's a big free area that won't register the swipe at all (though it register other swipes, like up, just fine). Could you please check to see what I mean by that?

17. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll look into it.

18. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

19. rjkaufman21

rjkaufman21 New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    I'm excited about this game. Have been checking the app store every couple days since I read the article here that it would be released soon. I've never played it, until now, but love KotOR and pretty much all Bioware games.

Anyone got any tips on the best martial arts styles? I've only played for about an hour but I have as options to upgrade:

Legendary Strike
    Heavenly Wave
    Fortunes Favorite

I have 10 upgrade points, is it better to focus on just one style or become adept at multiple? Also can I unlock more styles later?

20. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    congrats to aspyr media for bringing this game to ios and getting game of the week! between this, kotor, ember, and invisible inc. im so glad i decided to become an ipad gamer.