JackQuest - The Tale of the Sword [ 2D Action Metroidvania by NetoX]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by netox, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I think the purchasing of torches should be made clearer. I also think that you should get an automatic save after beating a boss. Suffering a cheap death is frustrating.

I found that the camera panning down doesn’t always work. For example, even when I get close to the edge where you face the last 2 little slimes before the slime boss, no matter how close I get, can never see where they are below. Turns into a 50/50 chance that I’ll take a hit.

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Here’s a couple screenshots I took trying out the screen moving down standing at the edge. Since I’m not exactly sure where you’re having that issue but these are the last couple areas with slimes before the boss and for me, there’s no issue with the screen moving down or seeing what’s below. The area with the spider and sign doesn’t move down but that’s because the ground is right there so it’s not needed , you can still see the slimes. But again without knowing EXACTLY where you’re talking about I can’t be sure if I chose either of the right areas.

Attached Files:

3. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    I will let the information about the torches more clear. I am trying simulate this problem with a camera too. Thanks

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Yeah it’s that top one w/the spider. Can’t see down when close to ledge.

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    hahaha....I didnt read the thread close enough and didn't realize that it was just a demo of the first level. Was so pumped that I got the boots and made it to a save only to find out, that was it....for now.

Cant wait to see whats next.

6. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Hey, I was just wondering if the testers were getting some more areas to check out soon? Also just wondering how it’s coming along in general.

7. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Hi! The next update will be a bigger one, many changes, new content, but will take more time to be ready. Here is some gifs from WIP.

I think I will need more two weeks to submit this update.

MAP
    [​IMG]

New Trap
    [​IMG]

Bow attacking new enemy
    [​IMG]

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Looking great and can't wait

9. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    If you couldn’t wall jump, at least from the start, I could see from the picture how using the bow and arrows to climb walls would be fun and cool way to have to solve specific types of puzzles. But alas, wall jumping as much as you want prevents having to use the bow in that manner. I dunno how much of the game would have to be changed if you did away with wall jumping, added the bow as the first major upgrade in stead of double jump boots and make it so we have to use the way arrows stick in walls to climb walls. Then double jump could come second, and an upgrade to those boots either in a shop or a boss allows the wall jump. But do away with being able to wall jump all the way up a wall to only allow a single jump. I’m not sure if I’m coming off clear. Lol

10. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil

Hi!

That would be very nice, but I would need to review every game designer and remove many things. But thanks for the tip. There's a lot of good surprise in the demo.;)

11. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Yeah, I didn’t put a whole lot of thought in to the background of it all. It wasn’t until I got that all typed when I realized just how much work it would be to change it. But the games still fun and the bow looks great. I can’t wait to give it a go ;)

12. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Hi guys!

JackQuest is getting a huge update, sorry for not posting some news here, but I'm really busy working with this game. I forgot to announce here that I partnered with Crescent Moon Games to publish JackQuest. We are working together to create a great game. I will post all updates soon. Thank you!

[​IMG]

13. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Holy Moly, congrats! Crescent Moon is definitely a huge win for you on this lol. Watch the game will now get 10X the amount of sales when it releases, mainly with their name attached it will reach more people ;)

14. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    HI guys! I am posting here some gifs of JackQuest to show the new content. New traps, Bosses and much more! Stay tuned!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    I think there is a limit now for gifs

16. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I like the bow just like the sword it’s way too big. :p

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Hey, whatever Happened to this? We were beta testing it then just all of a sudden, over with no word. I’m guessing it has something to do with picking up a publisher ? Oh well hopefully it’s still coming along and maybe we will get some kind of update from crescent moon soon, that is if they are still attached.

18. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    Looks great! Very big sword for a little guy :)

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What are the controls like ? Can you slide from the left to right button without the character stopping ?

20. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I can’t remember. I know the platforming parts were challenging but it wasn’t the controls I didn’t have any complaints about the controls at all. But it’s been a little while now so who knows what kind of changes they’ve made