JackQuest - The Tale of the Sword [ 2D Action Metroidvania by NetoX]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by netox, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Hey I had been waiting for the new version to be uploaded but now the game is missing off my TestFlight. I’ve been with ya since the beginning man, I just was inactive cause I finished the demo, gave ya lots of advice/info and have been waiting on the new version. Unless you removed the current version completely and are sending new test flights out when the new version is approved?

2. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Dont worry! The current version was expired. I will never forgot your advices, thank you again. You will be invited soon, just waiting the apple finish the revision.

3. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    It looks cool. Is this a game with the ending? Or are there endless adventures just as an extra? But anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

4. DMarT

DMarT Member

Apr 5, 2017
  5. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Dang I tried to send an e-mail with a short video to show something I realized. But apparently it just won’t go. Lol. After I got the double jump boots I cleverly made it all the way back up and outside in the woods area with the starry sky. I’d also like to suggest adding the landing after jumping sound effect to the wall jumps too. As of now jumping off the wall makes no noise.

6. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Wow!!! I really need check this! Thank again! I will set a sound for the jumps too.

7. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    With ending :)

8. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Yeah once you get up there you can’t actually do anything but it looks weird because the area is just a box it has like that cave type background behind it.

Hey, I was curious. Would it be a kind of a pain to add in like little personal/historical facts about who the sword is? Sort of like how in some games while you’re traveling around with partners they kind of have little talks and stuff, usually games use voice for it but you would always make it like a small faint text that we could read if we really wanted to but at the same time doesn’t get in the way at all . I just thought it would kinda give a little more life to it all. I’d imagine with a talking sword, if it was some real alternate universe, during the travels it would periodically say something. Otherwise it’s kinda weird to be holding on to some strangers butt and swinging him around :p

9. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Yeah, its weird because the camera now is on the player. But I am working now to fix this.

There is a story, Kuro will help sometimes, like the text about the boot. But I loved you idea, maybe some random texts(like a conversation) will be very nice to this adventure!

Thanks again!

10. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Np. I figured there’d be story and stuff as the game goes. I just thought it was like adding that extra personality to the sword. As well as allow the player to slowly witness a relationship forming between he main character and whoever the sword is which would also allow the player to kinda get a glimpse at the personality of the main character and develop that.. player to main character bond. As cheesy as it sounds. It reminds me of the swordians from tales of destiny. Ah that was a classic. Lol

11. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil

In fact here in the toucharcade we have the best testers! Creating a friendly bond with Jack. Nothing too deep, just some pop words.

[​IMG]

12. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Lol yes! That’s exactly what I was talking about. I love that lol

13. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Hopefully other testers like the idea of the sword saying random things. I played the newest build and I liked it . I thought it was done well and the text never distracted me from the main game. I do hope you add in the next areas soon, I’m getting so good at this first area I can run through it quick without taking a hit, including the boss lol.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Any of the other testers having problems with the slime boss? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or maybe missed picking up an ability, but I can't seem to get him even halfway dead.

Am I just bad?

Otherwise, I have been having fun with this one (especially after the update) and want to be able to dig in more....any suggestions would be awesome.

15. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Basically I go in immediately and hit hit back up, hit hit back up, etc until he starts shooting the slime then I run away when he jumps high up I run all the way to the right until the red skull starts blinking fast but not super fast otherwise you won’t have time to get out from under him. Just watch the skull for timing. Then I do the hit hit run hit hit run until he does the slime throwing again, if I need to I use the walls and do repeated wall jumps to stay out of the way. I just repeat this until he does. I believe he does 2 high jumps with the skull on the bottom of the screen before he switches it up to bouncing around. When he’s bouncing around I just run under to dodge until he stops.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Thanks for that. Have been doing the same, but die when he does the high jumps and I'm still on the wall

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Oh. Watch for when he’s throwing slime, cause he shoots close to him and go outward then it goes back inward, when it’s going back inward drop down and run toward him. When he’s jumping or up in the air stay off the walls. Cause after he lands it’s the best time to get some hits in.

18. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I have to say I really enjoyed the little taste we were given in the demo. It really seems like a game everyone will love.

Adding some personality to the sword was a good idea too

19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    After what felt like 100 tries, I finally killed the slime boss. I then died moving off a cliff aand didn’t see the 4 little slimes on the platform below. Thought it wouldn’t be a big deal until I ended up right back where I started....game didn’t automatically save the fact that I beat the boss.

After that frustrating sequence of events:
    1) still say slime boss difficulty should be tweaked

2) when on the high ground, it should be easier to see what’s on the platform below

3) after you beat a boss, game should save automatically

20. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil

Congratulations! Thanks to try and never give up;

1) still say slime boss difficulty should be tweaked
    I am considering make this boss a little easy, but I am collecting more feedbacks.

2) when on the high ground, it should be easier to see what’s on the platform below
    If you stay near the edge the camera show what have below, I will make a tutorial about this in the game

3) after you beat a boss, game should save automatically[/QUOTE]
    You have very close a safe path to back and save before explore new areas. You can buy a torch for 250 coins and save wherever you want.