JackQuest - The Tale of the Sword [ 2D Action Metroidvania by NetoX]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by netox, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Have you tried with this current version? You already have controls support.

2. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks! Invited!

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    #23 dbagga84, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Yes nothing happens . Lol there’s no settings anywhere to indicate turning on mfi mode and turning my controller on and pairing it with my device before turning the game on didn’t work I pushed all the buttons and nothing happened.
    I went into the game too.

4. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I finished the “demo” lol too bad there isn’t more to play. Are you going to eventually open up more of the game for us to test out or is this all you need feedback for? I figure if you’re wanting to make sure everything is working right and all that you’d open the whole game or at least open it to those testers that have actually submitted bugs/helpful suggestions versus the ones that just get the TestFlight and you never hear from them. :p I’d like to see other items like the boots and try them out. But after I got the boots I went back got the heart then I ran around for a while couldn’t find anywhere else to go then I remembered the little guy talk about finding his boots so I went and spoke to him and bam! Demo over lol didn’t really get a chance to try out much but I promise you here and now! My solemn vow as a mobile exclusive gamer. I will buy this when it comes out. I can’t wait.

5. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil

Ahh, very cool! Many thanks for the tests, this initial demo is to close some parts of the gameplay and find some bugs (the control was one of them).

The game will be free to play. This first part you finished will be the free, then to continue you will need to buy the soul stone that will be required by the strange man to continue the adventure.

However all the people participating in the testflight who at least sent one feedback will have access to all the updates and consequently to the complete game.

The next update will be to correct some features, but after that every update will come with new content.

6. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
  7. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Oh that’s cool. Be careful when you advertise like on the AppStore and stuff when you release the game. Make sure people see it first thing in big black bold letters “This is not a free to play game, it is a full game with 1 single iap to unlock the rest of the game after you complete the first area” and if it doesn’t require any internet to play then make sure to say that too. Lol you know, mobile gamers are very temperamental about that. It’s all you hear are people complain about whether or not a game requires internet and iaps. Lol that’s why most people are weary of free games. But I’ll be around to help set people straight and stuff and write a review and stuff.

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Holy Spicolli, looks awesome!

9. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #29 MetaGonzo, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Same here. It’s as if the controller is not connected.

Edit: Can’t submit feedback via TestFlight at the moment for some reason.

“MFi controller (gamevice v2) doesn’t work with this build.
    None of the controls has any effect at any stage (menu and gameplay).
    Controller has been tested on other compatible games before and after testing JackQuest and works as expected.

Separately from that; on the 6th panel of the intro text is “lived” perhaps supposed to be “liked”? Sounds a little odd (although not technically incorrect) as it is.”

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Sent my report as well, this game has a lot of potential

Keep up the good work!

11. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks you for your amazing review, I replied the email.

12. netox

netox Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks for you test, I will check what happened, The next update will have this fixed

13. Kevinthe

Kevinthe New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Looks amazing

Could I test the game? It looks right up my alley.

14. dilla

dilla New Member

Dec 15, 2016
    TestFlight!!

This game looks so much fun!! Would love to TestFlight JackQuest!! I tried to pm you but don’t know how :(

15. W8rd3

W8rd3 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Human paper weight
    In a human dwelling
    Love how this looks! If you still are looking for testers I'd love to help! But either way I'm keeping and eye out for this :)

16. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I’d be interested in testing the game if you still need any testers.

17. thefreakyZ

thefreakyZ New Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I'd really like to help you with this. PM me and I can help you out.

18. WKT

WKT Member

Nov 18, 2017
  19. zevzimra

zevzimra Member

Sep 27, 2013
  20. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Want to test the game on my iPhone 8. Pm me:)