Universal Jack B. Nimble (by Sean Noonan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 30, 2014.

1. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Game Impressions

I can't wait!

And thanks for answering my question about responsiveness, I realized I can play with just one finger using this method.

I discovered my first color scheme! It was an awesome surprise and a great reference to say the least. It was only for one round though so I'm assuming these will be achievements in Game Center?

2. Sean Noonan

Sean Noonan Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Male
    Lead level designer on Gears Tactics
    UK
    Thanks for such positive responses everyone!

I'm totally open to feedback and criticism - I want to address everything I can for the first update.
    Yes, once discovered you'll be able to unlock the different colour schemes whenever you want - I'll be attempting to get that in for the next version.

I have a general question for you all - would it be okay that I set iOS8 to be the minimum if it means I can enable Game Center support?

3. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Definitely, this game needs Game Center!!!

4. Sean Noonan

Sep 28, 2014
    Male
    UK
    Working on it now.

Also, on a treat for people who play towards the end of the month...

[​IMG]

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    No way man. Don't do this iOS 8 shit stand on my way to play this freaking awesome game. Thank you!

6. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    No way that is epic!!! I love it!!

@raravan

Dude this game could really get a lot of good exposure in the Game Center categories which could really help the developer. Scoreboards in particular could help the game take off.

What scores is everyone rocking? My best right now is 2581451.

7. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    No way that is epic!!! I love it!!

@raravan

Dude this game could really get a lot of good exposure in the Game Center categories which could really help the developer. Scoreboards in particular could help the game take off.

What scores is everyone rocking? My best right now is 2581451.

8. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    The GameBoy aesthetic is one of my faves - giving it a download - looks like lots of fun :D

QS =D

9. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    The chiptunes soundtrack is also 10/10. Worthy of a first party NES game.

10. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    Very true! :D

It's a lovely and fun game - my only slight niggle is the placement of the pause button!

QS =D

11. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #31 Lazer Kat, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Ios8 minimum is bad idea, IMO.
    Is GC integration impossible without it?

Just the possibility of an update requiring iOS 8 minimum is the ONLY reason I haven't hit the buy button yet.
    But...I want my cake, and to eat it too. Gamecenter is a must for this sort of game.
    There are no upgrades. No level based campaign. The only reason I would keep playing, after the first 10 minutes, would be competing against my GC friends for high score.

12. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I'm no app developer, so I have no idea of these things, but if he moves quick he could be a highlighted iOS 8 compatible/Halloween title. That could probably offset the lost sales for old iOS versions...

I feel bad for you guys with old iOS...

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'll update to iOS 8 when I'm sure it's stable. Probably wait a few more months at least. Personally I'm afraid of updating just to discover 2/3 of my games are broken and unplayable. On top of that, it takes up like 3Gs of storage just for the OS.

As for Jack B Nimble, looks like a sweet game and I must agree with Lazer, GC is the only reason I haven't downloaded it yet. That competitive aspect is a huge draw for these types of games.

14. Sean Noonan

Sep 28, 2014
    Male
    UK
    Firstly, really thanks to everyone who has been supporting the game so far, you're giving me reason to keep fleshing this out with more content :)

I've listened to the feedback, so I'm going to do what I can to add Game Center whilst keeping backwards compatibility with sub iOS8.

Here's a work in progress look of what you can expect to see in the October update...
    [​IMG]

Thanks again everyone :)

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #35 rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Due to your consistent updates on this thread I'll pick this up...and it looks awesome :D

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Positive comments from our resident sheep, good reviews on the UK App Store, Game Center incoming and a likeable developer means that there's not much reason for me to not support this. Buying now. :)

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This game is very good. Heck, it may have even displaced Alone... as my favourite endless runner of 2014. Great job, Sean! MC was right, I have a feeling that our Gabrien would have got a real kick out of this one.

Attached Files:

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    After seeing the Halloween work in progress, I decided to buy it. Normally I don't pick up too many Endless Runners that don't have things to shoot for like upgrades, outfits, ect, because I get bored quick lol, but I've GOTTA support a developer that actually listens to our feedback. Plus, I like Halloween. Lol

19. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    WOW nice score! I haven't broken 3 million yet~

Sean your latest work is amazing. The scenery is exactly what I would have hoped for, a sprawling Transylvania-like landscape of castles and ruins...

Just to show you some extra support I gifted the app to my kid brother.

Will the new level feature any new music? If it does, tell your musician I'd be interested in buying a Jack B. Nimble OST on Bandcamp or iTunes. I sort of collect chiptunes and I'm sure others would also be interested in supporting.

20. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    What a gem! A perfect endless runner. The scoring feels so good! It really makes this game much more addicting than the competition! And presentation is top-notch! Love the music. So, congrats to the dev!