iPad iWaterPuzzle promo codes for help

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tbashir, Feb 10, 2009.

1. tbashir

tbashir Active Member

Feb 3, 2009
    #1 tbashir, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    iWater Puzzle, the improved water tank toy game with mind bending floating ball levels.

iTunes link: AppStore Link

I'd like to improve the icon I have created for iWater Puzzle and need your help to do so :)
    I have 10 promo codes which I would happily trade for anyone who submits a quality original 512x512 image which I could potentially use or modify and use.

Any comments on what you think of my current icon and how I could improve it are welcome.

Here is the current icon...
    [​IMG]

2. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I could try, although there is a dilemma, the longer I spend making it look good, the less my chance to get a promo code...

3. tbashir

tbashir Active Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Interesting point Ph4ntom4. How about if instead I say I'll give anyone who is willing to submit an image until 13th Feb 2009 and then give promo codes to the best 10 I get?

4. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    That sounds good :).

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    dont let pablo get in this rofl he will win.

6. dcescott

dcescott Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    man.... If I get some down time, I'm all about helping you out. For some reason I have a crap load of projects going on. I don't even get time to get my gaming fix either!

7. tbashir

tbashir Active Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Prioritize the gaming fix! :)

8. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    im not good with photoshop but take out the text and make the icon stick out more.

9. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I'm not good with PS, gimp (etc.) either, so i'll just state my opinion instead of making a hideous logo. ;)

First of all, i dislike many fonts that are used in App logos, so i prefer logos without any fonts. > Get rid of that... ;)

I sorta like stylized logos so why not take an already existing image and use some filters or something on that to make it stand out. You could use existing CC images (the CC Attribution License let's you use images as long as you give credit to the original artist. Just watch out, there are different CC licenses...) from here and just search for 'water' or 'bubble' etc. and edit those you like.

Or you could always just use some genius logo a user from on here comes up with. (Not me, because as i stated, i suck at creating graphics...) ;)

10. that's more like it :]

11. tbashir

tbashir Active Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Thanks for the advice and information. I agree the text isn't so great. I used to have a different font which looked good at 512x512 but terrible at 57x57. I think the font I have now doesn't look so good at either resolution!

12. tbashir

tbashir Active Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Update: I have received some great icon images so far, thanks to everyone for those and I look forwards to receiving so more.

This is such a cool forum, such great members :)