iPad Ivory Tiles Help

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tennisking1o1, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Hey Guys, I have been playing the little AppStore gem, Ivory Tiles, and I need some help. I basically blasted through the first sets of puzzles, and then when I reached the Peak stages I couldn't figure out Yin and Yang or Approach. I've spent at least 30 minutes on each of the puzzles and can't figure them out. If anyone can help me out then that would be great! And if anyone is looking for a great game right now, Ivory Tiles is a steal at $2.

2. snowyote

snowyote New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Programmer at MunkyFun, Inc
    San Francisco
    Hey Tennisking1o1,

Thanks! We're actually in the process of putting together a faq for people who are stuck on certain levels that we're putting up on the website for the game. In the short term though:

For Yin and Yang, the easiest way to solve is to to tilt it down and then right after every block that you slide up through the hole. So it starts off with Up, Down, Right, then does Up Down Right Down Right over and over again. hard to explain without drawing a picture =) This isn't the most efficient way to solve it though!

For Approach, you want to drop exactly two blocks in the groove without messing up the orientation of the other two. You can do this Left, Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right. Then it's just a matter of getting the two tiles in the groove onto their targets while getting the tiles above onto theirs - let me know if you want spoilers for that =)

Thanks, and I'm really glad you've having fun with it!

3. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    Wow, thank you so much. I didn't think anyone was going to have the solutions. This game really is great, and we love seeing developers on this site. So welcome to the forums and I can't wait and see if you hav any future projects! Thanks again!

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Hello. I decided that I would just drop in and greet the dev of the game. Its really nice to have you around here, and any devs are always welcome. But if you start making bad apps, I may as well warn you, we will insult you and the app for all its worth, but Ivory Tiles looks really good. I don't have it, but it still looks great.

5. brewstermax

It's good to see TA get back to how it was. He greet the dev, and he gives help, and no asking for promo codes. This is how it should work.

6. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Hey congratulations for the great game it's really amazing

I'm stuck at some levels in the peak section so i really could use a lot the solutions

7. wisegrape

wisegrape Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Great to see the devs here. I didn't know about Ivory Tiles. I'll have to check it out.

8. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
  9. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    Ha, good point about the bad apps. Anyway, if you like puzzle games you owe it to yourself t buy this one. It falls in a category with tanzen, where it's just really relaxing to play and it has that chill "vibe" about it. It also hasn't received the credit it deserves from the app store.

10. brewstermax

If I do get it, I'll have to review it. If its anything like Tanzen, then its a must have. I may get it, but I spent a bit too much on apps last night, so, it could be a while before I can get it.

11. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    #11 GreenLightJerky, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    This game is great.
    Simple but really challenging.
    I am on yin and yang right now and chose to not read the solution. EDIT (solved in 37 moves)
    I love the way you reset the board is by flipping your iphone over. I like that better than shaking the iphone.

12. dreyfus2

dreyfus2 Member

Dec 22, 2008
    #12 dreyfus2, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    It is a lot more physical than Tanzen and the final levels are more than a bit more complicated. It is somehow a mix of Labyrinth and Sokoban. It is maybe the most beautiful mobile game I have seen on any platform... graphics, animation, music, even the background images... everything matches, as close to perfection as I have ever seen it. It never crashes, all preferences are there... compared to all the early betas we are allowed to buy, this is a steal.

Do not play it while charging the iPhone/Touch though... my cable required serious ironing after attempting to do so :eek:

13. Shroud

Shroud Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I bought this game a week ago and well worth the $2 price tag, very polished and very fun game.

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  15. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Is it worth getting both games? I tried the lite version of each and enjoyed them but wasn't sure if they're both worth buying. Are the levels completely different in each game also?

16. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    http://www.ivorytiles.com/
    "Developed specifically for the tilt capabilities of the iPhone and iPod Touch, this original creation has you guiding ivory tiles around over 80 uniquely crafted gameboards. Touch control also provided."

http://www.iphoneshift.com/
    "If you enjoyed “Ivory Tiles” (also available for iPhone and iPod Touch), then “Shift” is for you with its fresh visual style, new move counter, and 70 new levels!"

I bought both. They are both good games.. Yes the levels are different.

17. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Ivory Tiles is absolute perfection. My personal favorite app.