iTunes problem

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, Dec 25, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

iTunes (v8.0.1) recognizes my iPod Touch 2G (16 Gb) as an iPhone. I don't know why, but it always says "iPhone sync complete", but has a picture of an iPod touch. I don't know if this will ever be an issue, but it does this constantly, but just started about 3 weeks ago. There was no software update or anything coinciding this, it just started. I believe that until it realizes that it is in fact an iPod, I will not be updating the software in any case. Does anyone know anything short of restoring to fix this?

2. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    wait, so when your in the device in iTunes, it comes up as an iPod? If you still have the option to restore firmware or whatever you should be good :)

If all else fails take it to an Apple store..

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    What did you name your iPod? (for example, my iPod's name is "Josh's iPod") Maybe it's using "iPhone" because you/someone changed the name and forgot about it? It may be unlikely, but I thought I might mention that it's a slight possibility. :p

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

No. It comes up as an iPhone. I dunno, but its started to work better. Once in a while it comes up as iPod. I guess the OS is confusing it. iTunes is great, and I always use it instead of WMP, but the issues I have with it.