iTunes not showing updates...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sambo110, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Whenever I click find updates, it doesn't find any. It didn't find the SlotZ racer one, nor the Fieldrunners one. I either have to download it on my Touch, or search for it and click download. Is anybody else having this problem? Does anyone know why it happens?

2. daniglue

daniglue Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Same problem here... it's more than one month I can't update my apps.
    Since I wanted to try both updates (Fieldrunners and SlotZ, same as you), i've just clicked on BUY on itunes and automatically downloaded the updated version.

Do like that, don't know why it's happening...

3. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Guess I will just have to check the updates on my Touch from now on, no big deal, but would still like it working again.

4. See my earlier thread here, started 21st Jan. STILL not getting any updates since then- only on my Touch. Problem is, not all of my apps are on my Touch, so those that I have just stored on iTunes won't get updated unless I download them manually. Starting to annoy me now that nothing has been done.

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I e-mailed iTunes Support about this about two weeks ago with this message:

And I got this reply (the bold and italic marking was added by me):

So basically this person told me that this problem was not related to downloading of the items available on the iTunes Store that I was billed for and that should be linked to my customer account. How is this possible???
    I assume she didn't want to help me with my problem and hoped to scare me away through suggesting either the written FAQ (which doesn't cover our question) or a paid customer service agent. (I should tell him/her that I tried everything that the iTunes Store Customer Service could suggest me - which is nothing!). I'm thinking that this is a problem Apple doesn't want to confirm, and rather not discuss with us. For that reason I didn't reply to this e-mail and just gave negative feedback when I got a feedback-request form a few days ago.

iTunes Support helped me very well in the past, but this time my experience was very different.

(Not sure if it should be posted here, if now - please merge/move my post to the other thread.)

6. That letter sounds like a modified automated response. They probably just stuck a couple of sentences in it to make it sound more personal.
    I have had the same in the past.
    All I have done this time is provide feedback from the iTunes menu, and told them there.

7. FOUND THE PROBLEM!

I read a thread on the Apple Support forum, and people found it was because one or more of their apps were bought from different store accounts. So they removed them and the updates showed up.
    However, all mine were from the same UK account. However, my iTunes has been authorized with a US account too, do I de-authorized it, and hey presto- 11 app updates waiting for me!

8. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Yeah I assumed that this was it, but I don't plan on removing the apps from the other account. In fact, I found out something else:
    If my "main" account has updates for any of my "main" account apps, they won't show up until I have one or more updates for the other account.
    So yesterday I started a little experiment, I'll now leave one update on my other account which I won't download, maybe that way I'll be able to see the updates for my "main" account when they come in.
    The number next to "Applications" in the left sidebar shows the amount of updates on the secondary account, EVEN when you're logged in to your main account. So that's why I think that if there are no updates on the secondary account, you won't be able to see updates for the main account either.