iTunes Hacked by Developers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Whosatm, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I went on a trip to New York, and when I returned I discovered these strange apps syncing to iPod that I had never downloaded. It turns out I was hacked while I was gone and 6 apps were purchased for $7. Three of these belonging to HandCN Mobisoft and three belonging to 9thQ. Will Apple give me a refund?

2. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Possibly, try going into your iTunes account store page and select report a problem then you have to explain what happened. They usually respond quite fast via email.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    yup. You should definitely report them. Not just for refund but also to make sure they investigate if it was just one time account hack or there's something bigger than that going on. Also dont forget to change your password and security question.

4. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I was hacked once and I lost about like $4. The hacker bought Ring tone Maker Pro and MSN Live Messenger. Eventually I found out it was my friend. :p That ass**** still owes me my $4 though XD.

PS - I think you should report, but first check if it was your friend or family members. That's what I did and I caught them red-handed.

5. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    It is most definitely not anyone I know. I am pretty much the only one with iTunes, and no one knew my email. They couldn't have done it anyway because we were all in New York together (Band trip - Parade). Plus doesn't it seem too coincidental that all six apps were by two Chinese developers?

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Yup, that does sound fishy, but thats something only apple can investigate. So reporting these purchases is the best and only thing you can do here. Pretty sure you'll get your refund.

7. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    It appears that Apple did not listen and will not be giving me a full refund...

8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    #8 The Bat Outta Hell, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    They probably think you're lying, it's probably a common excuse =[

9. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    I guess they changed their minds, I have now recieved a full refund. Faith is restored in Apple.

10. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    How long did it take? I placed some refunds a few weeks ago :(

11. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    #11 Whosatm, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    The purchases were made the 22nd, I sent my complaint the 28th, and I received my full refund today.

Edit: It appears that it was just an iTunes glitch and I really didn't get my money back. I hate Apple again...