iTunes Gift Cards - Mobile App Store

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by CBraun53, Dec 16, 2008.

1. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Do iTunes gift cards not work with the mobile app store? I entered the gift card on my computer, and later purchased an app on my phone but I don't think it was taken from the credit I had. Anyone know how to make the mobile store work with gift cards or is it not possible?

2. I hope they work! I'm getting some for Xmas just so I can buy apps with 'em!

3. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    they work fine for me. go on itunes with a computer and check your balance after making a purchase with your phone. you may have to refresh your balance, but it should work if you are using the same account

4. CBraun53

Jul 14, 2008
    Thanks for the response. Logged in and checked my balance and it was updated, so it worked.

5. Pheww! Thanks for confirming guys. You got me a little concerned then!

6. CBraun53

Jul 14, 2008
    Sorry about that. I'm glad it works, I would have been very upset if I had to make all my purchases on the computer.

7. divabimbers

divabimbers Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Now there's another improvement idea I'd like to see Apple implement, maybe two. First off, make it possible to click on the email link or enter the code to register it on the mobile App store. Secondly, find a way to show the balance in both the App and the iTMS store, the mobile versions of course. It'd make using gift cards a lot easier, or at least I think it would but I'm pleased that you can still use them through the mobile App store since I don't want to do the buying through computer either.

8. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I just throw the code into the iTunes app on my phone every time... that way i'm sure i get the credit! They certainly do work!

9. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about the fact that the balance never changes if you use it in the iTunes mobile store. Its strange, so I have to add to be sure I don't go over..