iPad iTunes Games Update/Account Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by superbad, Nov 21, 2008.

1. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    is it just me or we cant buy anything off of itunes right now. my gift card balance has also disappeared:confused:

2. Yep- same here in the UK. I am trying to update MotoChaser and can't. Just gets stuck on 'Accessing iTunes store'.

3. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I'm not sure if we can't buy anything, but I keep getting a "Network session times out" error when I'm checking for updates on my applications. Doesn't work directly from my iPod Touch, and doesn't work on my PC either.

So I'm assuming it's the same issue, and I'm glad it's not just me.

4. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Same here. Whew. I thought something happened to my iPod/iTunes. I remember the last time i redownloaded iTunes and added all the songs..hectic.

5. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    thank god!

im in the US btw... i couldnt sleep because of this:

A) i have to update apps
    B) update to 2.2
    C) download LOST video

6. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Me too

I've been having that same error for a few days now. Sorry to hear that others have it too, but I must say that I'm glad I'm not alone! I got so frustrated that I posted about the problem on the Aussie Mac Talk forums.

7. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    What LOST video will you download? I'm a huge LOST fan. :)

Oh and doesn't the 2.2 update work if you just click "Update" from the Summary tab after connecting your iPod/iPhone?

8. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    go to the FREE section on itunes. they have the new season 5 trailer. they used THE FRAY's new single with the song. i had goose bumps for every scene they showed on TV... it has some very important past scenes and peeks to the new season...

EDIT: i just remembered.. i think the problem started happening as soon as I AGREED on the new rules and regs for the itunes store

9. Although I can't update, I have managed to download a free app (lite version of Armado). Is it because it is free do you think?

10. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    @ superbad - Awesome, I wish we had video in the Dutch iTunes store. We only have Music, Podcasts and Apps. I guess I'll go look for it on YouTube then!

@wastedyuthe - I've also downloaded free apps. But since updates to games are free as well, it must a bit more complex I think.

11. Agreed. What I hate is that iTunes has told me there are 5 updates waiting to be downloaded, but it won't let me download them or even at least tell me what they are.

12. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Sameee. Now my gift card balance has gone too! What's up??

13. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I'm guessing it may be because of the new iTunes 8.0.2 which was supposed to fix a problem when accessing the iTunes Store through a proxy. Maybe something was broken? Hopefully it's not software related.

I just ran some diagnostics and the results were fine.
    As for the updates - I don't even know how many updates there are, but apparently Space Trap is one of them. Fuzzle just might be in the list as well (just guessing), and an iTD update was submitted but I think it won't be out for a few days.

14. I can help you there. It is NOT anything to do with 8.0.2, as I haven't updated yet, and still have the issue with 8.0.1.

15. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Ok, thanks for that information. I guess there's not really anything we can do but wait.

16. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    yeah, in the UK as well and the updates are very slow when displaying in the appstore. It's finally displayed that motoracer and bloom need updating, so it seems to be ok now, just slow

17. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I'm glad for you! But I still get the network timeout. I'm keeping an eye on it though. ;)

18. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Updates in my PC are still not working but I do see updates on my iPod Touch again! Not fast, but they're there. (Scoops and Space Trap for me, plus Square Master Lite which is an older update that I didn't download since it reduced the amount of levels)

19. I have just updated to 8.0.2 and tried again after reading your post (I am in the UK too), and this time I managed to download all 5 updates. As you say, it is encredibly slow (I didn't think it was going to show me the updates at first, let alone download them), but it has got there in the end.

20. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I have problem with the Aust store too!
    I tried the US store and no problem at all.. is the rest of the world paying for the US store?