iTunes 10 release?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iphoneprogrammer, Sep 1, 2010.

1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Anyone know what time or day iTunes 10 is gonna be released? I figured it would go live right after the event or its announcement, but that didn't happen.

2. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

tis out now

3. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Anyone having trouble transferring purchases?

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    No, but I've been having a hell of a time syncing my iPhone. It keeps coming back with errors about how there's not enough free space to copy certain app files, even though I know for sure there is enough. Free Space on the iPhone is about 3 GB. Amount of space the apps would take up: No more than 200 MB. :\

5. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    Ping was a dumb addition in my opinion.

It didn't create enough genres for music selection when you were making your profile.
    The only music that I could choose for my 10 songs were ones I had bought in iTunes, which were only a few because I import most from CDs.

The only artists that have profiles so far are the most popular, mainstream ones. I looked up most of my music and only came back with Metallica.

Other stuff was ok. The capacity bar for an iDevice was downgraded though.

6. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Ping is so stupid! It's only for music bought on iTunes, as far as I can tell? I'd rather buy something in physical format. :/

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    You don't have to buy the music. You can still go onto the page and "like" and "post" it on your page.

8. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    You can also manually add the music you iike through searches in iTunes. But if you do that you can't automatically add things you bought in iTunes, it's either completely manual or nothing as far as I can tell. I'm doing that way since I only bought through iTunes an album made by a friend of mine, the rest was imported by physical media. All in all feels kinda dumb and useless to me, but maybe it's more useful for people with more friends using iTunes and that buys more music online than me.

9. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I chose not to deal with it. Other than the fact that I don't even use iTunes as a media player (just for my iPhone), I have too much music on my phone to go and add every single song.

10. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    It only lets you add 10 songs actually. I manually picked my favorites and put them on.

But I don't see Ping ever paying out. Last.FM can import your whole music collection from your computer and tell if you are musically compatible with someone else which Ping does not.

11. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Yeah-- until iTunes lets you actually put in your entire library (including non iTunes purchases), it will always be behind.