iTune deauthorizing my movies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MidianGTX, Sep 24, 2010.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Topic title should say "iTunes", obviously.

A few months ago I put my digital copy of Pixar's UP onto my Macbook via iTunes, everything worked perfectly until just recently.

Now it says my computer isn't authorized to play content belonging to my own account, and asks me to submit my password in order to do so. I enter my password, it says "Accessing iTunes Store" then tells me I've authorized 4 out of 5 computers for my account (which is correct), but simultaneously gives me another message popup telling me the content still isn't authorized.

I can't really think of a workaround, and I've seen a few posts around the internet from people with the same problem, some of which seemed to fix themselves, some have no answer. Anyone know?

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Try going into account management, deauthorizing all computers (there's a button for it) and then reauthorizing it. That might work.

3. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Hm... I just went to do that and I can't find the button to deauthorize all computers anymore... has it been removed? Slightly annoying since a couple of the computers my account is on aren't easily accessible.

Edit: is it possible the option is only there from the first computer the account was linked to?

4. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    you can only deauthorize all if you have 5 computers authorized. and you can only do it once a year

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh right, well that's solved that problem. Looks like I can't do that just yet, but I'm not sure it'd work anyway. I've tried manually deauthorizing and re-authorizing this computer but I still get the same message.