It's crazy how cheap idevice games are

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Oct 10, 2010.

1. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Well there are a large number of other games I can give you but its apparent that you like kiddie games and if that's the case you will truly love your DS over your ipod. Anyway the games you cited to deserve to be on a bigger platform are games that bored me to death save for PW so yes this is very much subjective.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #42 Vovin, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    Who cares anyway?
    Tastes and opinions usually differ. ;)

Some call the iDevices this, some call it that. But I think we're all mature enough to let anyone call the iDevices whatever s/he wants.

I tend to call it a multimedia device with a huge impact on gaming.
    Remember: there are thousands of games released for the iDevices by now, most of them designed for the iDevices. There are hundreds of iDevice gaming forums, blogs and websites. There are hundredthousands of iDevice gamers. Major companies, like EA, Square / Enix, Gameloft or others are taking the iDevices as serious platforms for their products.

So, you're right, Scott, you can't call a cat a tiger.
    But sometimes, a cat becomes a tiger across evolution.

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    lol, yeah. iPod games aren't kiddie at all :rolleyes:

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I agree that the appstore is crazy cheap but this fact leads to mass buying from people like myself, spending sometimes over $100 in month=2 good quality console games. But for the casual gamer, yes the appstore is great.

5. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Three points:
    • First some example of games classified in Indie category in Steam : Amnesia The Dark Descent, VVVVVV, Madballs in Babo Invasion, Windosill, Altitude, Guns of Icarus, World of Goo, And Yet It Moves, Braid, Machinarium, Bob Came in Pieces, Galcon Fusion, Osmos, Toki Tori, Shatter, Trine, Line Rider 2, and more.
    • The Second point is that it's that the categories are also a developer choice and many indie games won't have the indie category in Steam. For example Eschalon Book Series, NyxQuest, Reaxxion, Penumbra Overture, Penumbra Black Plague Gold, Peggle series (but one perhaps), Plant vs Zombie GOTY Edition, Puzzle Agent, Mishap, Bejeweled series, Samatha Swift series, and many more.
    • But the real point is why Steam? Steam is a little drop in the sea of Indie PC Games. Just sticking to a classical category like Brick Breaker games, it's painful to see the choice and I don't mean the hundreds of crap but a top 30 making pale the iphone selection.
    You should not debate about stuff you don't know, not even a little. Argue about prices but really not about choice and quality in indie PC games.

6. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    How van you compare legal and illegal? That's just a false arguing and that also show you don't know anything about pirating possibilities on idevices. You should polish your arguments, how debate with you when you use such procedure?

7. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Ouch ask any player knowing the series which are the better RPG... :rolleyes:

For the pixelated 3D, that's totally wrong. Perhaps it's on the XL but then if you prefer use a DS Lite.

For the comparison, well, I don't think you played FF4. Not to mention DQ 5 which is quite better and DQ 4 more original. But anyway I already quoted you lists of significant RPG on DS, the problem is you don't know RPG on DS and want argue about it.

The price argument is one thing, the quality is another thing. A very good RPG take me a lot of my time and I can't play plenty very good RPG so it's pointless to buy too many. The second point is I don't care pay cheap for low fun quality.

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/n-Space+news/news.asp?c=24181

http://nspaceinc.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/n-space-rumor-control/

9. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Well it's time that crap games based on big license stop appeal players. Who care of N-Space games? :rolleyes:

10. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Once more you should try put more care in being better informed on what you are talking about. I don't want harass you, it's just too much, and you hide your good arguments by such approximative quotes.

So you are wrong, once a game is in a player Library it is forever, well except if the game isn't anymore supported by Steam but I don't know if this ever happen.

Anyway you had to get Portal during the free period and once done it's your forever. The game library is linked to the account and you can install again the game. I know I never installed Portal on PC and can because now the game is in my library of my account.

Steam is doing sometime free try period, typically a weekend but that's different and that's clear and that's not a free game like Portal was.

11. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
  12. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    I meant quantity not quality so that pretty much negates this whole post but my mistake. And not total quantity but comparing of steam to app store. Quality differences are similar but quantity is on the apple side. I mean I don't think crayon physics deluxe is better with a mouse and keyboard or deserves the higher ratings at sly for example.

13. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Well I believe it was a trial period where it was only activated for a few weeks and after that period you had to pay to activate it again but maybe it wasn't portal but another game I had it did this to me to.

14. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    A lot of psp fanboys wrote all over gamefaqs and other forums when ff 1 and 2 just came out for it they thought it looks better that way rather than redone 3d ds style as well. And I don't remember any of them getting this flak I am getting or defending it on an idevice. It appears its ok to defend or think a game is better over another similar game if it is not on an idevice and costs 30 bucks.

15. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    That's why I also used the n+ example in another post and dine let's go that route and compare qualities of both devices with pirating and emulation involved and I'd still pick the ipad per the ds due to n64 and pox emulation.

16. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Ok there's much more indie games on app store than on Steam... and then? This fact alone seems a little pointless, it requires some explanation why highlight it.

It's clear that Steams provides only a slight support of indie games and also Steam are only one way among many other to get PC indie games. App store is a monopole but also is hosting much more easily indie games.

But where you want going with that?

Ha yes that's different Steam don't make free sales anyway they would not have the agreement of dev. But they made much more trial period but they are very clear about this, you have the full game but for a very limited time and often it's for multiplayer. But Portal was really free.

The price is another problem.

For the quality your initial post wasn't clearly about graphics only but let me felt it was in general the game quality I answered from this point of view, FF3&4 are most often considered better than FF1&2.

For psp fans arguing that PSP FF remakes graphics looks better than DS FF remakes graphics... Well too many owner of those handled devices or console lost fair judgment and become partial. For me those FF 1&2 remake graphics look good but not as good that those of FF DS remakes. Anyway that wasn't my point and it's hard to debate more about this graphics only point of view.

17. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    I'm not at all a JRPG fan it's just that some JRPG I played on DS have a quality level not that common and that allowed me ignore all the classical weakness of most JRPG. And some other DS RPG I played and felt impressive wasn't at all in JRPG aera.

There are some iRPG I enjoyed playing but even among those none reach from far the quality level of the best RPG I played on DS. But yes there are iRPG fun to play.

For those you quote, that you pick carefully among those I didn't quote in this thread, I only tried a little The Quest demo and didn't get appealed so stop played it before I gave it a real chance. Ok I'm far to have play any iRPG but well I wish you had really play (and give them a chance) some of the DS best RPG I quoted, you would not have throw them to garbage that fast.