iTrade announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jaisor, Apr 16, 2009.

1. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    Dude, are you kidding? No nuisance at all. We greatly appreciate all your input. Keep it up :)

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Ok well I found some stuff that may or may not be bugs.
    Also, the market seems to be a little slow on opening. Over here, the market opens at 6:30 AM but when checking iTrade, it opened around 7:00 AM and the prices hadn't even changed from the day before. The pending time also seems to be a little slow. In the screenshots, you can Citi, and the pending was going on for 9 minutes. Right now, Citi is still pending and it has been about 30 minutes.

The net worth is also different from the score board, and your real net worth.

Attached Files:

3. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Its not. The interface is really simple. All you have to do is press buy on a stock you want, set how many you're buying, and then you're all set.

What makes it look so complicated?

4. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I finally registered and bought my stocks.

Love the simple interface, extremely simple and well done!

Good luck to us all! :)

5. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    Dude, I love that you notice all that stuff :) The current implementation of the score board is refreshed by the server once an hour - to limit the server load. I am working on a more real-time version also just to try it out and see which will work better in the long run with all the users we get after the release.

The current implementation shows an update date and time label underneath the scoreboard screen title.

Also I will try to get some of the other issues you reported addressed this weekend and will send you all a new binary. So stay tuned, and do not hesitate to report other issues or make suggestions.

6. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Because I bought my stocks today, they will say pending until Monday right? I won't be able to see the status of my stocks until then I assume.

I am glad people are reporting these things and look forward to the new build.

7. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    The stock market isn't closed yet. You can still buy stocks until I believe for one more hour.

8. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Stock market opens at 9:30am eastern and closes at 4:00pm eastern.

9. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Isn't this the worst time in all of history to release a game like this? After all, who wants to play a fantasy game about something real which is killing everything in the world.

10. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    #30 theone1007, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    Ummm... people are making a lot of money off the stock market. A long time ago, Warren Buffet invested in times like these and now he's the richest man in the world (that's right, richer than Bill Gates).

I think this is the best time in history to release this game. Gives practice to people who want to trade in the stock market before they actually enter.

EDIT: Here's another bug. No clue how that happened.

photo-8.jpg

11. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Just because something worked once in the past, doesn't mean its not a mistake. Hell, look at how we all live, we're like the romans, and look what happened to them.

12. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I don't think we'll end up like the Romans :p

13. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    Heh yeah our live quote source is acting out today. That was one of the aspects I wanted to test before we make an AppStore debut. The source is very low cost but also somewhat unreliable.

I think it might be time to switch to Xignite which along with their price tag have a service commitment and guarantee.

Good thing I have a whole weekend to resolve this :)

14. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    #34 theone1007, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    I also found a somewhat similar bug to the last one. The charts were cut through and formed something like an X. I'll post a screenshot soon.

photo-9.jpg

15. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    Yeah I have noticed stuff like that from time to time. It does that when the phone cannot communication with the server right. It usually clears if you request the same quote again. Let me know if you are able to reproduce it more consistently or notice any other clues. Thanks.

16. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    New version of iTrade 0.9.7

All who have previous versions - the new provisioning and binary is available at the same spot where you downloaded the previous one. If you do not remember, do not have a previous version or have other update-related problems, please PM me.

To update:
    1. remove the old version from both your iTunes and iPhone or iPod
    2. update the beta tester profile to Beta_Testers_04_19_09.mobileprovision
    3. drag the new iTrade.app to your itunes and make sure its checked in the sync apps list in your device
    4. sync with your device
    5. restart your devices after updating.

Changes:
    • Added "Downloading..." notification when loading symbol web news
    • Implemented Hot Stocks tab in the Symbol List screen
    • Sorting graph data to prevent graph corruption
    • Implemented server triggered alert message to notify if old version is obsolete
    • Implemented AdMob advertisement
    • Accented timestamp of last Score Board update
    • Cleaned up Last Month player score screen
    • Alert when exiting iTrade from an internal link or button
    • Added Tutorial Video link
    • Added cool animations in several screens.

Special thanks:
    Many of the suggestions and improvements came from several dedicated testers from the TouchArcade forums. Special thanks to all contributors on this forum: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=189923#post189923

Thanks for testing and for the support
    NeonSurge

17. avenged7enfold95

avenged7enfold95 Active Member

Apr 20, 2009
    i sent my UUID cant wait to try this!!!!

18. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    This game is really nice. Thanks for the update! I'll probably update it after I get back from school. Can't wait to see people's faces when they see this in the App Store :p

19. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

Jaisor, Thank YOU for all your hard work! iTrade is even better! I totally dig the cool animations, the Hot stocks especially and all the updates. Great job!!

20. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yes thanks!