Itouch 4g price

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Drexra, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I'll agree with this. It really is almost too think really. I really wish it would have retained the shape and look of the iPhone 4. I really do... that would have been awesome. But at the same time I still really want a 4th gen iPod touch. lol

2. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, seeing as you have the third gen, 4th gen isn't much of a leap. I'd say wait for 5th gen. It barley seems like yesterday that I got my 3rd gen and now new one is out! If you get 4gen You'll kick yourself in a few months when 5th gen comes out and is even better.

btw, why two 'chris' signs?!

3. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah i can respect that. :) i just do not understand why jobs wants it so thin.. reminds me of the jet race.. the star fighter had razor blades for wings..

also, the iphone will always have better battery support than the touch.. thats there flag ship.. the ipod is just there well people who wont buy a iphone will buy this...

what annoyed me is when jobs said.. people said they like the ipod cause its a iphone with out the phone.. he said this several times.. then he gives the ipod a worse camera.. so no its not like a iphone with out the phone..

not sure what he was thinking.. all i can think is he is using up the camera they used in the nano..

either way.. ill stop complaining. as there really is nothing better right now.

chris.

4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    And thus is the way of the Apple curse. >.>

He wanted us to know for sure it was him.

5. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    was a typo. only ment one. also my sis has the gen 3.. i have a gen 2.

chris.

6. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    was reading the zune HD is not dead apparently.. MS is gonna keep with it.. and add some mobile win 7.. will be interesting if the zune will get access to the window mobile app store.

chris.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Them admitting the Zune HD is dead, would be admitting defeat pretty much, and I don't think that would sit well with investors. lol. The Zune HD isn't awful it just sucks ass compared to pretty much all the competition ^.^

Does anyone know how much RAM the iPod touch 4th gen has?

8. pcgeek73

pcgeek73 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    That is what I was wondering as well.

9. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
    512 MB according to Wikipedia, but I'm not sure how they found it since that info is not available on Apple's website.

10. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    #30 WellSpentYouth, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    Really? I called my local Apple Retail Store and 1800 MY APPLE and they both said that they didn't know. I ended up ordering it online (with the free shipping, it says it will arrive between the 10th and the 14th). If it comes out the 8th in stores, I will not be pleased.

How many megapixels are on the iTouch's cameras vs. the iPhone 4 cameras? The iTouch doesn't have the same camera(s) that the nano has. The nano has a video camera only, but the 4th gen. cameras have both video and still image capture. The Apple support people said so and it is documented on Apple.com/iTouch. I don't know what you mean by saying that the iTouch has a worse camera than the iPhone 4 and the same as the nano :confused:

EDIT: I noticed the front page article that mentioned the difference between the iPhone 4 and 4th iTouch cameras, my bad!

11. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Luckily for me,

I know someone who works at the Apple Store and at Wal-Mart. Employee discount FTW! :D

12. lildave213

lildave213 Member

Jul 16, 2010
    So I got the 64gb itouch but I'm debating if I should return it or not and buy the new version of it the only problem Is that my computer isn't working so if I did, all my games would be lost.... Aaah tough decision.

13. mojoman0

mojoman0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009

The iphone 4 is 5mp the ipod touch 4g is 0.7 mp

14. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    How long does it take for retail stores to get the new products after they come out?

15. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Im definetly getting this, I think its time to retire the first gen, but man I really wish Jobs wasn't obsessed with the iPods being as thin as possible, to be honest, I really don't even have a problem with my 1st gen touch's size.

Also im really on the fence about where to buy it right now, I mean I could buy at apple store where it seems like thats where the first release is, best buy so I can one day use the geek squad if anything happens to it, or wal-mart where i'll get a discount from a friend.

16. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    You can redownload apps for free in the appstore. just write down all the names and save em for later.

17. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    touching is good

haha ancient slogan. iPT involves more touching than DS

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK

Laser etching is the way to go. "My Finga Woz Here".

19. pcgeek73

Jan 29, 2010
    Has anyone found a place to buy screen protectors and cases for the Ipod Touch 4?? Havent been able to find any and would like to have them for when the ipod gets here.

20. pcgeek73

Jan 29, 2010
    This is my first iPod touch upgrade. 3rd gen is my first iPod. So when I get my touch 4 is it hard to transfer all of my purchases over to the new device? What about in game purchases, will I be able to transfer those over as well?

Thanks in advance. I hope I don't have to repurchase stuff, I have purchased over 500$ in stuff.