Itouch 4g price

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Drexra, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    I've never gotten an itouch day of release, and was wondering if there was a difference between getting one at say walmart or off the apple store

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

It should be the same price at Apple and Walmart

3. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Damn. I need to find some form of justification to get it and replace my third gen itouch.

4. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    well if you want to play with the new screen.. go for it.. if that dose not matter, id say stick with your gen3. till next year.

chris.

5. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    well if you want to play with the new screen.. go for it.. if that dose not matter, id say stick with your gen3. till next year.
    i was thinking of pre ordering one.. but having second thoughts now.. was thinking what would i get laser etched onto the back.. i was thinking "android" heh

chris.

6. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Having that on the back...that would be hilarious. A perfect choice :p

7. Keep in mind that besides the new screen you also get the A4 chip, the SG535 GPU, and mic for use with FaceTime on the front and rear cameras.

Just sayin'... :D

8. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Curse you Mindfield! Im back in the 'screw it, buying it' mindset again!

9. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Do we have an official date as to when we could buy these in say....a walmart or something?

10. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    No idea, ill probably be getting mine there, because thats what my college town has!

11. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Walmart sales

They'll probably start in late November for the holidays.

Or January for the first quarter of next year.

As an iPhone 4 owner...I'm going to buy an iTouch at Walmart so I can take it back without a restocking fee if I find I don't need/like it.

12. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    So would you recommend the upgrade for someone who has the itouch 3g?

13. elimcfly

Jun 16, 2009
    Well Quoting the Front Page: "All of these new iPods will be available next week, and will be available for pre-order today."

I was just wondering if their was an official day of release for next week since it's definatley not coming out as late you say lol.

14. elimcfly

Jun 16, 2009
    Apple told me "Wednesday, September 8th, 2010 at the Apple Store"....But that doesnt mean everywhere else.

15. pcgeek73

pcgeek73 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I pre ordered the 64 gig Ipod Touch 4 on the Apple store and it said that I will have it by Friday Sept 10th. Man am I excited! buying it to replace my Touch 3rd gen.

I want the Hi Res gaming and the 64 gig instead of the 32 I have now!

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The only real "discount" there ever is for Apple hardware is just buying it from Amazon or some other place online that doesn't charge sales tax, which will save you anywhere between like 7-10% depending on your local tax rate. Aside from that, to clear our iPod inventory every year they do a free iPod promotion when you buy a MacBook... but that, well, requires buying a MacBook.

17. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    HD video recording, thinner, front-facing camera with FaceTime, Retina Display, A4 chip, gyroscope, microphone, full support for iOS 4 (and presumably for iOS 5, too).

That's enough for me.

18. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I sure hope it's sooner than Jan.. I got my 3g at Costco a month ago, so I have 60 days to return it and get a 4g. I suppose if it's going to be longer than my 60 days, I could say my 3g isn't working right and exchange it for a new one, resetting my 90 days. Seems too dishonest, but I may have to.

19. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I, for one, cannot wait for the 4th gen iPod touch. Twill be magical... especially since I don't have a living iPod touch at the moment. Can't wait! Now I just gotta save the money >.>

20. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i do not think im gonna upgrade now after seeing pictures.. its to thin. the ipod touch i haven ow is already to thin..

ill wait till next year i think.. or maybe ill go in and play with one.. but right now im on the fence of buying a new ipod.

i plan on starting a mame arcade cabnit this weekend.. am excited about that.
    i guess metal slug is one game ill have to try.. every time i tell someone im gonna build a mame cab they mention metal slug.

chris.
    chris.