iTouch 3G and IOS4 Battery issues

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rangerlump, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    so, I updated to IOS4 on my itouch and ever since my battery takes a dump quickly. And yes, I did disable all the crap like push and location etc (even though it was enabled on my previous OS without issue!). I ensure that the multitask bar is clear and still it takes a dump.

I could leave it connected to the wireless and casually browse all day but now I have to keep it plugged into a wall, sometimes I wake up in the morning with it completely dead...

anyone else have the same issue? or a fix? I didnt have to turn off wireless everytime i set it down before the upgrade.

2. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    had the same problem with iso4. and my gen 2 ipod.. i did finally get a fix. dunno if the battery life is same as before the update.. but its better than what it was..

not sure how this fixed my problem but i swear it did.
    so im running 4.0.2

i downloaded appvault pro. .99

then i was checking out the battery section of the app vault. and it says the api is not very accurate and to let the software learn..

so you start up appvault pro.. then go to the battery app.. and then plug your idevice in for charging.. i did this several times and now i can leave my ipod touch gen 2 on over night with out it going dead. ( before i could not, it would be dead by morning.. which never happen before i upgraded the iso to 4. i have no clue why this helped.. but i swear it worked for me.. odd i know.)

anyhow, dunno if you want to spend a buck just to try it.. and no i am not involved in this app in anyway or form.. just its the only thing i did that changed my battery's attitude.

with what i said you think i should be living on that area 51 military base.

3. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I haven't had a problem at all. I had loads of notifications on and loads of apps on multitasking and still had okay battery. Now I've turned most notifications off and have noticed a difference

4. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    What's an iTouch?

5. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    #5 Rangerlump, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    It's like an iPhone, but for people not with AT&T.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    iOS4 has a memory issue where apps that crash don't clear properly. These crashed apps continue running and they drain your battery.

To fix this, all you have to do is do a power off and power on. Hold down your sleep button until the red power off slider appears. Power off each time you have an app crash. Fixed all of my battery problems on iOS4.

7. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah, i knew that.. but now a app can crash and its still ok come morning.

shrugs, i have no idea what fixed it.. for all i know maybe it was 4.0.2 all i know is i had problems with it till i used the battery app a few times. battery life s till sucks compared to 3x.. so if you have not updated do not update to iso4.. it will be worth more money if you go to sell it.. lol. ebay even proves this..

chris.

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    iPhone without the contract ~

9. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    No I believe that's called the iPod Touch.

So what's an iTouch?

10. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I believe it's used by Pedophiles.

11. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    my brother had problems with his touch too, try this - believe me or not - delete the facebook app if you have one. He said, since he deleted it the battery is almost normal again.
    I read it somewhere in a forum and told him to try this and it worked - for him at least.