itouch 2g jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by nuggetsman28, May 9, 2009.

1. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    im sorry for asking but i need to know!!is there a itouch 2g jailbreak out for the 2.2.1 firmware? if not is there a way to downgrade?

2. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    http://quickfreedom.com/

That's what I used, I don't know if anything new came out (QuickPwn?), but I can tell you that's a really easy one to follow.

Download it, follow it, jailbreak it.

^^^^ Pretty catchy, huh?

3. nuggetsman28

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    nice!! will try and see if it works:D

4. nuggetsman28

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    It worked!!!

5. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Nice, now you need quickgold and sbsettings and winterboard. Thats all i need on mine

6. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Great there's so much cool stuff you can do now that it's jailbroken. I love my jailbroken iPod even though it is a little slower and buggier.

Hope I helped.

7. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Whats the cool stuff that you can do with a jailbroken ipod touch?

8. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    You can pretty much just customize it however you want. With Winterboard, you can get different sliders, lockscreens, wallpapers, icons and sounds. With MakeItMine, you can get your wifi bars, signal bars, carrier name, and even clock to change. You can put all your apps into labeled folders to save room on your springboard with Categories. With Cycorder, you can turn your iPhone camera into a video recorder. You can download YouTube videos and watch them without wifi with MxTube. With Five Icon Dock and Five Column Springboard, you can change your dock and your springboard to have five icons in a column. You can play different games that aren't in the app store like Doom and Quake. You can get emulators, such as Sega Genesis, Nintendo NES, Nintendo SNES, Sony Playstation, and Gameboy Advance on your iDevice. You can get live weather and clock icons that change as weather conditions or the time changes. With Lockdown, you can lock apps so you have to put a passcode in before accessing individual apps.

There's way more stuff besides that, just search around for things in Cydia, and it'll be like Christmas all over again. I think I said this before but it does slow your iDevice down a little and make it more prone to crashing, but for me at least, it was definitely worth it.

9. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Two questions:

1. Is it the physical jailbreaking that slows down the device or all of the add ons? In other words, if I only change a couple of things, will it be less laggy then if I changed a lot or does it not matter so long as it's jailbroken?

2. Can I use Quickfreedom on a Windows PC and then continue syncing with my mac or does the iPod need to be jailbroken on the computer that iTunes is on?

10. nuggetsman28

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    help? I LOVE YOU!!!;)

11. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    1. It's mainly applications that run in the background that slow things up. If you jailbreak, and don't change anything besides the addition of Cydia and Installer, it'll run fine. But if you start putting Winterboard themes on there, start using Backgrounder, etc., things will start to slow down for you. I could be wrong, that just seems like what would make sense.

2. I honestly don't know. Sorry I can't help you there, I have a PC and haven't used anything else for iTunes or jailbreaking, so I really don't know.

12. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

There are tools for Mac, and why do people keep recommending QuickFreedom? It has been abandoned, and RedTool and QuickPwn both are much better. The creator of Quickfreedom is a jack*** too. Use one of the above, they are much more dependable. I wouldn't want to jailbreak right now anyway. 3.0 is upon us now.

13. nuggetsman28

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    anyne wanna pm me some must have apps and sources on cydia? i have no new sources just a few apps.

14. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Hmm I didn't realize that redsn0w was Quickpwn. I've been checking the Quickpwn site every week and it has said for a while that 2G is being researched... Am I better off waiting for 1.0? I won't be upgrading to 3.0 right away but when I do, I want it to be a smooth transition.

15. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

No, .3 is perfect right now. .5 will be release in a week or two. 1.0 will be with OS 3.0 release, and transition? You have to start over each update anyway.