iPad iTD New Tower Defense Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jonaswills, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Hey all,

We recently released our new game, iTD which is a very fun tower defense game, as a lot of nice features.

I know there are a bunch of em out there, but give it a try or at least check it out and let us know what you think.

Check it out

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jaybo99

Jaybo99 Member

Oct 31, 2008
    this looks like an amazing TD, truly of flash game or higher cuality, and i look forward to playin it on the go :D. unfortunately i wont be getting it until im sure its worth the 3$, but i really hope the reviews come back positive so i can get my defence on.

don't let me [*sale*] persuade you [*sale*] to do anything thats [*sale*] probably not in your [*sale*] interest, but i think we all would [*sale*] love to get your game [*sale*] for cheaper :D.

Thanks for another addition that looks like it will hold in the growing genre that is TD games.

3. jonaswills

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    haha, we'll probably have a lite version available soon... not sure about the price drop though, it is cheaper than others in the genera and we've put a lot of quality into it.

I'm a bit confused about how the reviews work though, I know some friends have submitted a few(shameless... eh?) but they haven't show up yet... do reviews normally take a bit to process or does apple like to hit the reject button?

4. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    The reviews will only show up if you price the app at $0.99 for a limited time!! :D (Well, I tried!).

5. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I agree that the price should be lowered to 1 or two dollars if you want it to properly sell.

I sent you an email regarding the game...

6. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    looks awesome, I remember a flash game like that, used the same type of shapes going thru, used to play it at work everyday

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

reviews can take up to 24 hours to be reviewed by apple, and or populate the itunes servers

also, reviews are sheltered by region, therefore you will not be able to see reviews in, say Autralia, if your itunes account is in the United States or the U.K, or Europe, you need to switch to those regional itunes stores to see those localized reviews
    or there is an syndicator that a forum member on toucharcade created

8. jonaswills

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Well we did it.... iTD is now available for $1.99 for a limited time. Please try it out and review it!

9. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I just bought iTD, and I'm starting to love it!

I like...
    • The clock at the top, so I don't leave track of time ;)
    • The different levels
    • The two paths of upgrading (speed vs. damage)
    • The simple graphics
    • Fast-Forward option

The only thing I would like you to add...a pause button.

Overall, a very polished game!

(Posting 5 star review to iTunes Store now.)

10. Jaybo99

Jaybo99 Member

Oct 31, 2008
    whoo im getting it now, gotta love sales!
    I hope i didnt influence your decision *chuckle*

11. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Ok... I bought it... I can't begin to play it for another hour or so... but I'll see how it is...

12. davidhenry114

davidhenry114 Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Just bought it. I've played through the first couple of levels. It is different enough from other tower defense games that it deserves a look to anyone skeptical as I was about another TD game. I hope that an update could add a pause button and more enemies/towers/levels. Good game as is, but this could add more needed depth.

13. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Enjoying this game so far. I agree about there needing to be a pause button. It's pretty frustrating when I want to stop but can't. Also, the music is a bit repetitive, but it goes well for this game.

14. McChikun

McChikun Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Hey Jonaswills, I went ahead and bought your game. I haven't actually tried it yet (I'll post my thoughts on the game later), but I've already run into a little bug. For some reason, when I go to the Instructions screen, the world screen of Trace is in the background (makes it hard to read!). Just thought I'd give you a heads-up for a quick fix in v1.01.

15. jborislow

Oct 28, 2008
    I'm gonna say that's a glitch.. because it looks like it uses the last game you played as a background... but if you exit the instructions and enter again it's fine... I had fan caps in my background until i swtiched out...

16. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Ok, so I'm confused. I'll be going through one wave and some of the guys will not die and then they come up in the next round as well. Then if I don't kill them in that round, I'll get hit with 2 lives lost. Is this supposed to happen?

17. junkster08

junkster08 Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Not worth the money

im not trying to be mean but I will give my honest opinion. The problem is that the game lasts only a day or two and then ure finito like mote-m. at least with fieldrunners some people need at least 2 weeks of strats to beat hard... but ure TD is just way too easy and extremely boring... my brother who is 9 years old beat it... i say its a great game for very roung kids ages 7-10 who are new to games. for a grown up this game is just wayyy too ez...

the only good thing to say is has some nice variety (upgrade dmg or speed)
    but fastword was from idefend and the graphics are horrendous but good enough for a TD game to be honest with u.

i give it 3 stars and not really worth any cash... only worth it for free... paying 2 bucks for a game that justs lasts 2 days is not worth it... im prolly gonna delete it soon

18. jborislow

Oct 28, 2008
    I just got a chance to play the first level and I thought it was really good... if you update the game to include more levels you very well may have one of the best 3 TDs onthe App store...

19. jborislow

Oct 28, 2008

If you are going to bash a game at least make an attempt to sound somewhat intelligent...

20. romeo1

romeo1 Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    #20 romeo1, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    I was more than likely going to support your game by purchasing it (something I do when devs are active on this forum). But you have changed my mind. This man was simply offering up his opinion of your game. I will admit that it did seem somewhat antagonistic, but as a developer you need to be able to take a few punches not everyone is going to love it. There was no need to insult the intelligence of someone that purchased your game simply because they gave it a poor review.

I am sure if someone said "its teh b3st thang evar!!!11!! must buy must buy" You wouldn't bash them.

Edit: It is still not cool to insult people over the internet.