iSteam price increase to 99 cents

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mikec24red, Jan 6, 2009.

1. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    what the heck? It came out december 29th, then became the #1 free app. And now that they increased the price, is it worth the 99 cents?

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

No. It is a fun little toy, but not worth any money. If thats what you want, then go ahead. Its kinda fun to unsteam a pic of your homescreen, but nothing special.

3. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    if you play around with a picture on isteam, there's no way of saving it and viewing it from the pc, right?

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

You can screenshot. Thats about it though. I alway upload all mine to flickr, with Klick. It's however you want to go about it. You just take a screenshot, and that works fine.

5. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    You pretty much just get to wipe off some steam by touching the screen. I think there are better ways to spend a dollar than on this app.

6. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Ya, like actually breathing onto your screen in real life!

7. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Personally, not worth 99c. At all. If you're looking for an app to play around with for 99c, purchase Zephyr from Smule instead. It's not packed with features by all means, but I'm sure it will be updated providing more goodies in the long run.

8. arykmax

arykmax Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I didn't even think it was a fun toy. I can't even say it was worth the time to download it when it was free, definitely not worth 99 cents.

9. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    For $0.99, i would much rather get iChalky!
    Much more entertaining app, imho.

10. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    It's the classic bait and switch. Get to #1 on free app, switch to paid app, and get the free exposure on the paid app list.

Which is why I've always been a fan of resetting popularity when you switch from Free to Paid.