Issues @ iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Bramsey89, Jun 24, 2010.

1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
  2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    LMFAO.

That made my day. Give it a week or less and it'll be all over failblog.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    maybe the early adopters are actually....

beta testers.

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Kinda seems like Apple knew about this, and that's why they started pushing their own iPhone bumpers..

5. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Well... finally something Droid Doesn't...

6. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
  7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    No lie, after seeing the yellow discolouration marks and this, I had the upgrade offered to me and turned it down. I'm going to wait a while to hear this bulls**t has been sorted.

8. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    well i went into my local o2 store for an upgrade this morning and was unpolitely told they had none left and come back in 2 months. end of.

pathetic service for what now appears to be a flawed device. how the mighty have fallen :)

9. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Don't accept what you read on gizmodo as fact. Especially when it comes to their now-hysterical vendetta against Apple.

Try reading a serious tech bog. Engadget is a good choice.

10. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well, they can't really do much if they have no more left...

Also @ the topic, that's a pretty large oversight, isn't this thing supposed to go through extensive testing?

11. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Zero issues here with my device

12. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
  13. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  14. The problem doesn't seem to effect everyone. Naturally you're going to see far more on the 'net from people experiencing the problem than those who are not; people who have the problems are much more likely to make a video of this effect happening. The best place to keep tabs on this would be the Apple forums to get a rough gauge of how many people are effected. Granted that's no more than a straw poll, again with more people likely to post there if they're having problems than not.

Frankly it's too early to tell just how common this problem is yet; all we've heard so far are from a handful of those having the problems. Let's see how loud and numerous the voices get before we chalk this up to a serious problem.

The yellowing does concern me, but again, this could end up being a minor problem; who's been around long enough to remember the same things happening on the 3G and first Touch models? (Not yellow globs or lines, but a generally jaundiced screen overall)

15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    This is ridiculous. Anyone in UK who has reserved an iphone 4 for him/herself, please make sure u dont fall in this his apple trap.

Btw, wait a second. Dont just cancel your order. Buy it without a contract and ship it to me please. I heard UK iphones are factory unlocked. I'll pay for the iPhone and shipping. Prefer 32 GB model but will accept 16 gigs too. Thanks :D

16. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Fail!

I don't have any screen issues BUT, my phone is broke...

I have had 3 "No sim" errors where I have to eject the sim and put it back in. It does this totally randomly. I also can replicate the left handed palm hold and watch the bars drop to zero. Using a case does fix the problem, but really a massive fail. I'll wait a week and take it to apple, maybe I'll get a free case out of it. But the sim issue annoys me WAY more so hopefully I can get it replaced or fixed

17. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    it was more perhps the total lack of advice or info as to availablility that concerned me, that coupled with the frankly short and sharp tone of the sales assistant. for a long standing loyal customer it WAS pathetic.

ie (if i was to run a business) i would have made my staff check availablity in the area and have a spare sent to that store. perhaps o2 doesnt run that way, but theyve lost me as a customer as ive secured one from another provider next monday :)

sorry for goin off topic here :D

18. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    HAHAHAHAAH. Not so jealous of iPhone 4 users now :)

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I've just read that users with yellow blotches are saying they are vanishing. I'm going to go back and get one in the next few days.