Universal Island Delta (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Solid kudos to Ryan and the Noodlecake/Mantisbite teams for bringing this excellent high production values and fully premium experience to iOS! I would have jumped for the promo codes when I saw them post, but at the asking price I couldn't resist tipping my hat to you guys. I decided to put my money squarely where my mouth is and support quality premium titles and I couldn't be happier about it! This is effing fun!

2. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Ive reached out to them and will let you know as soon as I do. Mantisbite is in Europe so I think they are sleeping now ;)

3. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    <3 :)

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    really hope there is mfi support for this. SM2 was even more fun to play with controller. i dont know how you guys will implement the mfi support but its a must for some gamers.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just a friendly reminder: Asking for promo codes (or whether new ones will be posted) is against the TouchArcade rules. Please take a moment to read them here. :)

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #26 y2kmp3, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    I, too, am experiencing a lot of glitches in the game. Some notable examples are:

1. Throwing a battery into a wall socket causes it to go through the wall instead and land outside of game area. No way to retrieve battery.
    2. Metal box thrown against a wall goes through the wall instead. The box becomes permanently missing (no respawning).
    3. Randomly, the player character will go through a wall into an area not meant to be explored yet. Unable to backtrack since doors are locked which would have been opened otherwise.
    4. Random unwanted player character rotation while holding an object to use as a shield, exposing player character to deadly enemy fire and leading to instant death.
    5. Databank cards are counted twice when the same area is re-explored because of respawning.

7. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
  8. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    This game is very similar like the Space Marshalls 1&2

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Really enjoying it so far.

Although had a crazy ride in the first building. I took the metal container & held it & eventually I started to rise into the air above the building & the screen went black except for me & box. When I released the box I floated down & was outside the building by the entry door. I went back in like nothing happened. Took a few screen shots along the way. Clearly a few things need to be fixed but it's a pretty darn fun game nonetheless.

10. I need to give it more time, but is anyone else finding it a bit too cluttered? Like, I'm trying to look around for what to do next puzzle-wise, while being shot at from something I can't even see.

As a viewer pointed out, I spent several minutes before realizing that the red lasers weren't actually blocking my way. They were just decorative.

I like the idea of it, but I'm early on and already died a few times while just running around to figure out what to do next. Maybe it's just me, though.

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #31 ColeDaddy, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    I'm having trouble with finding the following in Chapter 1(!):
    Level 4: secret passage
    Level 5: secret and 5th transistoR

I'd appreciate anyone's feedback via PM or by using the spoiler-free functionality if you want to post publicly

Edit: Thanks to mzinn for the assist!

12. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    This game is great. Merry Christmas, everybody!

13. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I am loving this game. There are a few bugs but I seem to only run into them when I am doing something random that has nothing to do with current mission. Like running around with something attached to gravity gun for no reason. Once you complete a chapter finding all secrets and 100% completion you get an easter eggs level that is a endless mode to see how long you can live. I haven't found any bugs in those levels. Also if people are struggling with bad guys, most of the time if you have work to do around a difficult enemy you usually are given something in the area that is for blocking their shots. So you can set up a table or something in front of the robot. In chapter 2 it's usually a road block thing.

14. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    #34 kaywib, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Just wanted to tell the devs that the games is awsome. Love everything about it. If I could wish for anything, it would be the adding of mfi-controller support. Keep up the good work devs.

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Did this launch at $2.99 or is this a sale?

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This was the price at launch

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ah ok!

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    This kinda reminds me of PS1's Wild 9

19. SofortundGleich

Sep 11, 2016
  20. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Not sure if anyone else is having issues but I've been trying to download this from the U.K. App Store for about 2 hours now and it's been stuck on about 20% now for ages. No issues with downloading anything else or my internet connection......