iPad iShoot look alike?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by THEDeliriumTrigger, Jan 13, 2009.

1. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Hey, theres a game so similar to iShoot, that you play online, but i cant think of the name! Does anyone know what im talking about? I played it a few years ago, and it was almost the same thing, but with more weapons

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Yes, I do, but can't think of the name, iShoot is most certianly based off of it, and it was really big on Addictinggames for a long time.

It is called Tanks. It's epic. And for the link

3. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Omg, you winnnnnnn! Thanks man!

4. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

They all ripped off Gorillas!

[​IMG]

5. brewstermax

I love iShoot. I don't have it, yet, but I do love the game. For only one reason. IT KNOCKED IFART OFF OF THE TOP SPOT. Thank you.

The story of iShoot is very odd, too. It has been out for months, and never gained traction. Then the lite version comes out, and it iShoots up the charts.

6. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    There is another game similar to this, except its played with cannons on an island, i used to play it all the time on my computer but I cant think of what its called

7. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Ya, theres yet another one too lol, its a little more cartoonish, but fun nonetheless

8. Babalu

Babalu Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Theres also gunbound and worms. Two of the best.

9. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Ya, the game i posted about earlier was a miniclip.com game, i dont think its on the site anymore

10. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Actually iShoot was in the top 80 or so games for about two days. That's how I found out about it (bought it the first day of release). I remember there were three other reviews, so I bought the game and left a review for it. I gave the developer suggestions and he listened and updated the app about a month or two later. It was a much better game after the update, but people just weren't buying it. They finally released the lite version and like you said, it shot up the charts.

I think it's actually a pretty cool story :D

11. brewstermax

That sounds very similar to Bowman.

12. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Hopefully Team7 will released an iPhone/iPod Touch version of Worms. I don't like tank, to be frank.

13. PHARTGAMES

PHARTGAMES Well-Known Member

There's some game with snails instead of worms, looks like a nice ripoff lol

14. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Developer/Student
    inside my iTouch
    Snails reloaded made by PDAmill should get this type of recognition. its more worms like with snails and very funny weapons and i think more people should get it.

Also the game on the pc was called Cannonballs! made by wildtangent. its no longer available but there is a site called Ressurect Cannonballs! that has a version of it for windows vista available to play and he is trying to remake it.

15. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Personally, I think iShoot is just a much better game than Snails Reloaded. Plus, we now have proof that the developer listens when you ask for suggestions and it looks like he's worked really hard on it. He deserves more recognition than it already has in my opinion.

16. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #16 jecebn, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    I just did some googling and found the game I was thinking about, its called Cannonballs and was made by WildTangent - however, it now appears to be defunct (i can't find anywhere to download it). I did find a site that explains the game if anyone's interested:

http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/cannonballs/

I would love to see this game ported to the app store. I like iShoot, but this game was 20 times better

EDIT: Lol - sorry, i didnt see kindredspirit's post before I posted

17. lynch

lynch Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    California